Nine.

September 21st

   The feeling of the young girls hand on her door handle sent a chill down her spine. She hadn't been home in well over a week, thankfully so.

Jane had allowed her to stay as long as she needed to. Of course, she could only run from her problems for so long.

Looking behind her, she found her eyes being drawn to the man in the car. Scarlette would be lying if she said she didn't grow fond of him during her stay. An absolute fool she was for growing an attachment towards him.

Almost instantly his gaze flew directly to hers. Captivating her entirely. There she stood watching him, waiting for an answer.

Ever so slightly she could see the nod of his head beckoning her to continue. Letting her know that she wasn't foolish for attempting to come back home.

Offering a nervous smile, she turned her attention back to the door. Taking a deep breath she grasped the handle until she heard a click and softly began tiptoeing her way inside.

And to no surprise the house was still in the mess it had been a week prior. She felt her body chill at the not so fond memory of that night.

Making her way through the profound mess, she found herself back in her room. Thankfully, it was still in its pristine state

She moved quickly gathering her things into one of her suitcases praying to whomever that she could make it out of the house soundly before her mother came back.

Zipping the baggage closed she let out multiple huffs of air as she picked it up and hauled it from her bedroom to the front steps of her porch.

Quickly the man came to her aid and picked up her bag with ease. She found herself becoming irritable with how effortlessly he carried her suitcase where as a mere 2 minutes ago she was struggling immensely.

Pouting, she trailed behind him. The frown on her face dissipated as she was now focused on something else.

The young girls cheeks flushed as she caught herself admiring him once again. The way his back muscles fit so perfectly in his top, flexing with every movement. She found herself becoming weak in the knees.

Setting her baggage into the trunk they proceeded into the car. Both sitting down and buckling up, they sat in a comfortable silence.

The whole way home he could feel the young girls warm gaze on him.

He ignored it knowing that if he acknowledged it, it would send her into a frenzy of blushing. Although he found it endearing he knew that he couldn't take it any farther

Once rounding the corner into his home she opened her mouth, "Thank you." she paused looking down at her dainty fingers, "For everything."

Turning his head towards her almost immediately he nodded, "You're welcome."

The car stopped prompting the young girl to quickly open her door and grab her suitcase. Ushering her way inside, leaving the man in the car behind.

She made it a few steps before abruptly stopping, and turning back towards him. For his attention already preoccupied he hadn't noticed her making his way towards him.

As her hand found the door handle, she opened the door gently. Rushing in, her supple knees planting onto the seat interior. He looked at her in a confused manner, sitting partially in a daze.