Eighteen.

October 23rd

Friday came sooner than she had anticipated. The pair made their way up the gravel driveway and towards the front door.

She was anxiety ridden for she hadn't spoken to nor seen theo in well over a week. Although he did try texting her once. A simple 'Are you okay?' was sent.

Of course she didn't answer. She was done with him in every way she thought she could be.

Jane decided on curling her friends already wavy hair.

"Do you want to come over tomorrow?" Scarlette caught her friends eyes through the mirror.

She smiled and offered, "Would it be okay if I slept over?"

Jane nodded with her own smile. "Of course. Plus I can't wait to hear about tonight."

The younger girl blushed to herself. A few minutes had passed before her hair was finally done

Her usual disheveled locks were now placed in delicate curls that flowed down her back.

She felt beautiful.

As if her mind was read, her friend spoke "You look lovely lo."

A small gratitude was said in reply.

"Okay now onto outfit. Hurry we have.." there was a pause as jane searched her phone "30 minutes until he comes."

They decided on a simple royal blue dress that reached just above her finger tips, her feet clad with black low-heel pumps.

She decided to stay with a natural face besides mascara and gloss. Her lips were covered in a soft pink shade that contrasted her skin perfectly.

Turning towards her friend she stood with her chin up, "How do I look?" She asked rolling her lips nervously.

A pause was heard. "You know if I was into girls I'd totally bang you!"

Scarlette could feel the blood rush to her cheeks "Oh god you're so embarrassing."

Jane snickered to herself "Seriously though scarlette you look hot."

A kiss was blown to her friend in appreciation before she turned and gathered her things. Glancing at her wrist she saw the time displayed.

"He's almost here." She mumbled to herself, turning to the doorway.

Once downstairs the pair stood in the foyer and talked amongst themselves.

A voice somewhere in the home called out interrupting them "Jane?"

The feeling of warmth vanished from her face leaving her pale and feeling sickly.

"In here dad. I'm waiting with scarlette" Jane said glancing at her friend in a 'you happy' manner.

A small triumphant smile pulled at her lips.

After a long argument between the pair, scarlette had reduced her nickname from 'lottie' to 'lo' and if she was lucky it was just 'scarlette'.

The sound of posh shoes against the ground caught her attention. She watched as he confidently walked in, his steps seeming to falter at the sight of the young girl.

"Oh" he paused, checking her out innocently. "Good afternoon scarlette."

The younger girl nodded her head, quickly dismissing him.

He watched as she payed no attention to him. He could feel a subtle pain in his chest.

Thankfully, a knock sounded at the door.