One.

August 26th

Uncertain protests bounced off scarlette as the girl beside her continued walking. She couldn't help but feel nervous at her newly made friends sudden outburst to bring her over.

"Jane," the young girl started "are you sure that it was okay for me to come over?"

Parents were always fond of scarlette, and while that was true, the discovery never made her any less nervous. First impressions were very important to her and she couldn't even bare the thought of someone, let alone a friends parent, not liking her.

The taller girl beside her released an impatient sigh,"For the 100th time, yes scar I promise. Now hurry up."

And with that she wasted no time to grab a hold of scarlettes hand before practically dragging her to the car. As the pair got closer scarlette realized just how beautiful her car was.
Scar knew she was rich, or as how jane liked to put it 'comfortable', but it had just now occurred to her.

"They are dying to meet you lottie. You have nothing to worry about, I'm sure that they will adore you almost as much as I do," and with janes easy words catching her attention she smiled at scarlette reassuringly.

The act ever so slightly putting her anxious tendencies to ease.

Scarlette was warmed at how welcoming jane was, and unlike her old friends, they were nothing in comparison to janes amiable demeanor. That was one of the many reasons why the young girl was intrigued by jane.

"I hope they do." breathed out scarlette as she directed her eyes to her small hand displayed on the silver door handle.

After she opened the door she made sure to carefully sit down on the clad seat, terrified of ruining the beautiful interior.

She only dreamed to have a life as lavish as her friend, let alone to be able to own a car of this nature. Scarlette was always extremely grateful for the life that she did have, but that still didn't stop her fantasies.

She shut the door and looked to find the seat belt. She softly tugged at it before pulling it to the buckle beside her hip, and pushed down until she heard it click. Jane then started the car and pulled out of the school parking lot carefully.

Mindlessly her eyes drifted from the dashboard to the rear view mirror before settling on the window beside her. She focused on the trees and object passing by and almost found it hard to look away.

"Scarlette calm down, there's no reason to get this worked up." said jane as she looked over at lotties lap to see her leg bouncing and her intertwining her fingers repeatedly.

Scar had always had that habit especially when growing up and her mother made that apparent by constantly tell her to quit it. It never occurred to her on why it had been such an issue, when to her it was more of a comfort thing.

Peeling her eyes away from the window and redirecting her attention she peeked over to her friend, "I'm sorry, I know."

Sooner or later, in scars mind a lot sooner than she would've liked, jane pulled up to a beautiful house that was atleast double the size of her own. If scarlette didn't know any better she'd think this was some sort of fortress.

The view had only furthered her anxiousness, making the butterflies in her stomach multiply with each intake of air.

Jane was the first to hop out, leaving scar as she gathered their stuff from the back. Scarlettes sternum shook with every breath she took and before stepping out she slowly collected herself.

With feet meeting pavement she closed the passenger side door behind her and then turned her attention to jane who walked up to her with a smile on her face. The gesture earned her one back, but hers was less authentic than her friends.

Soon after they began their way up the pathway to the front door and in this time scar made sure to take in her surroundings and practically gawked at the beautiful scenery that was infront of her.

Humor spread through her at the notion that she wouldn't be surprised if she'd been caught with her mouth agape.

Reaching the high arched wooden doors jane confidently unlocked them before walking inside and pushing ahead of scarlette. She hated to admit it but she was a tad bit jealous of her friends beauty, and even now her own home.

"Helena, I'm home." yelled out jane, earning a mumbled response from who she assumed was helena. Jane looked over to the young girl reassuringly before quickly guiding her as they made their way to, what she assumed was the kitchen, with scar trailing closely behind.

Jane walked away from her and to the women standing infront of them both. Scarlette payed no mind to what was being said between both, more so excited to let her eyes wander and take in the beautiful landscape laid before her.

Finally drawing her attention back to both, she stood there quietly observing her friends mother. She was a youthful looking woman, standing at no taller than 5'7. Having strawberry red hair with spurts of grey here and there that reached just above her perky chest, no doubt from a recent boob job.

She innocently picked up how the woman was polar opposites to her friend, this causing questions to quickly arise within her.
Regardless of that, scarlette fawned at how gentle they engaged in their conversation.

Jane began to speak as she made her way towards scar, diverting her attention from her thoughts to ahead of herself. Smiling at her softly she spoke, "Helena this is lottie."

Taking note that this was the 2nd time she'd heard her friend refer to her as helena. She diverted her glance over to where scarlette stood and smiled warmingly at her.

"It's nice to finally meet you lottie, I've heard a lot about you from jane." she said innocently which earned a groan from the girl beside her.

"It's nice to meet you aswell, Mrs. Stratford." she says politely smiling up at the woman across the room.

"Well me and lottie have some homework to do, don't we?" jane said looking at scarlette, silently begging her to agree. After eyeing jane she hummed a soft yes for reply.

"Well then I'll let you girls go. Dinner is going to be done soon," helena crossed her arms "your father is going to be late tonight."

This caused janes face to screw up for a heartbeat before returning to normal, and scarlettes eyebrows drew in contemplation at the sight.

Mumbling something shameful jane pushed past scar, but not before hooking their arms. Both turning on their heels they collected their bags and made their way upstairs.

Past regression was ignored by the time both girls were giddily hopping up the steps, leaving a trail of laughter behind them.