Twelve.

October 3rd

The girls sat with a plethora of clothes surrounding them. Tonight was the night that jane had promised to set up their double dates.

Scarlette decided on a simple but elegant white babydoll dress with lace hem. Where as jane chose to wear a dark green dress that stopped just above her clad knees.

Scarlette stared in envy for jane looked nothing less than stunning. Her hair cascaded down her back which drew even more attention to the slit.

"Can I straighten your hair lottie?" Jane asked with a glance.

The young girl nodded allowing her friend to do as she pleased. She trusted janes skill well enough.

"My dads coming home tonight" Jane said while parting scarlettes hair. A flush spread across her cheeks.

Jane knew that scarlette had a little crush on her dad, but what she didn't know is that at some point it had been more than that.

Clearing her throat gently to diffuse the warmth that spread through her body, she spoke "So soon? I thought he was going to be gone longer"

Jane nodded her head as she parted scarlettes hair. "Me too. I guess it had something to do with miscommunication regarding business."

Scarlette could feel her stomach drop and well with dread. The pair hadn't seen eachother the entire week. One reason being theo was on a business trip.

Thankfully so, the young girl couldn't imagine facing him after what he spoke to her a few days prior.

This would be scarlettes last week staying with jane. In total she had been there for close to a month. As much as she wished she could stay permanently, she knew it was a false hope.

"And I'm done! Voila!" Her friend spoke excitedly. 

Scarlette caught view of herself in the mirror and instantly started running her finger through her now pin straight hair.

"Wow I look so..." she drawled out at a loss of words. "Sexy?" Jane spoke, finishing her sentence with a grin. 

She rolled her eyes "I was going for mature. Giggling, she found herself eyeing jane in a playful manner.

Dismissing her comment, jane stepped away and touched up her make up. Now done, both girls collected their things and made their way downstairs.

"Carter said they both came in separate cars. Which means that we'll get there and leave separately, is that okay?" Jane said looking over at scarlette.

She nodded.

Lawrence didn't make scarlette feel entirely uncomfortable. Of course he was new to her but nothing unordinary.

A few minutes had passed when a knock sounded at the door. Jane eagerly walked ahead and opened it to both carter and lawrence.

Scarlette followed behind, allowing jane to greet them. "Hi boys" she spoke in a sing song tone.

A reply of hellos and heys were exchanged. Making their way down the path, both pairs split up.

Lawrence made sure to be a few steps ahead, eagerly opening the door for scarlette. A soft smile broke out across her face.

"Thank you." She said with nod.

Once inside the vehicle, they sat in silence for a few moments as he started the car and pulled out of her friends driveway.

"You look beautiful tonight" Lawrence said glancing over to the teenage girl in his passenger seat.

Blushing profusely she replied "Thank you lawrence"