Four.

August 27th

  Scarlette woke up to the sound of the the bathroom door being closed. Sitting up the young girl almost immediately began stretching in hopes to drown out that feeling of drowsiness that she'd grown accustomed to hate. With her her top rising past her navel and her hair in untamed waves, she turned glancing at the bedside clock before releasing a low groan.

After rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she scooted herself towards the edge of the bed before gently settling herself onto her feet. Walking a few steps she lowered to the ground and began her search for an outfit. She decided on her favorite dress that reached just below her fingertips, and a pair of thigh high socks.

It wasn't long after that the bathroom door opened and out walked her friend. Scarlette found her mouth slightly agape as the view left the younger girl to almost feel resentful towards jane.

Her friend stood at 5'8 unlike scarlette who, at most, reached 5'5. She was never fond of being shorter than most, but in this moment she was more than upset.

"I don't look bad, do I?" Jane asked, concern spreading across her face. Scarlette shook her head, "Not at all, you look stunning."

Her features morphing into a grin, jane blew her an imaginary kiss followed by a small fit of laughter. Turning to gather her things, scarlette found herself frowning at how her friends chestnut colored hair flowed effortlessly down her back.

Dismissing her thoughts, she stood up as she collected her clothes from the floor. Once inside the bathroom she turned towards the mirror and winced to herself. Though she wasn't completely unsurprised at how deathly she looked compared to her friend.

Scarlette had never truly been insecure about herself, but like most people, she did have a few things that she didn't particularly like. Despite that, she was quite pleased of her high cheekbones and her dark almond shaped eyes.

She would be lying if she wasn't fond of her dark blonde hair, might she add; was constantly getting complimented on.

Hesitantly she raised her hand as her cold fingertips began tracing over her very prominent under eye bags. Grimacing to herself she looked elsewhere. Not wanting to dwell on the topic too long, she turned away undressing herself and started the shower.

Not long after stepping inside, she stepped out reaching for her towel. She dried herself off, and began to start quickly getting dressed, afraid that she had already taken too long. She overlooked herself in the mirror, softly running her hand through her hair before deciding on leaving it to air dry.

Closing the door behind her she made her way towards the bed and plopped down onto it softly. Looking down to her shoes, she began to think about what had happened the night prior.

Everytime she thought of his face her stomach churned. She couldn't understand why she felt the way she did. She, like most, has had crushes ofcourse. What teenage girl hasn't. Sadly in her case none lasted longer than a few short weeks. But something was different about him. It was equally terrifying as it was exciting.

Shaking her head, she sighed to herself. You're insane she thought. How dare she began to think about her friends father in that manor. What would that say of her-

"Are you ready?" Jane asked bringing scarlettes attention away from her thoughts. Muttering a quiet yes she slid off the bed. Just as they reached the door she turned her head behind scanning the room and making sure she didn't leave anything.

Making her way down the steps she smelt something wonderful. Her stomach growling initiated her quick steps and she anxiously hurried beside her friend. Both girls immersed themselves in a playful talk as they made their way towards the kitchen.

Turning the corner she stopped abruptly ignoring what her friend was saying. Her skin began to pale as she saw the back of who she assumed to be the crude man from last night. There she stood unsure of what to do for what felt like ages. Thankfully jane wasted no time and began to speak

"Dad, this is lottie. Lottie this is my dad." In the blink of an eye he turned towards them. Eagerly the young girl found herself taking in his appearance. Unbothered by her stares, he began walking towards them both.

Scarlette could not deny that she was feeling uneasy. She had only been in his presence twice now and he still had the same effect on her.

Her eyes fell to her feet and watched as his stopped before her. She could feel his hot gaze pouring into the top of her head. And it was intimidating to say the least. Mustering up all the courage she had, she peered up at him. A few moments had passed before anything happened. Not wanting to make it seem like they had previously met, she stuck her hand out.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Stratford," she said in a coy demeanor, batting her eyelashes to further add to it. Staring at her unsure he quirked his eyebrow.

Her eyes widened in a flash and he soon caught on as he reached out and took her hand in his as softly as he could, afraid he might break her.

"The pleasure is all mine." He spoke slowly, his words casting a fever in her lower region.

They stood there, hand in hand for what felt like 10 minutes, but only happened to be a few moments. Pulling her hand from his grasp, she turned towards her friend who was eyeing them. Thankfully jane payed no mind and diverted her attention to the food that laid out before them. Scarlette released a breath she didn't know she was holding.

After breakfast, which scarlette made sure to tell Mr. Stratford was amazing, had shown her gratitude by helping clean up.

Soon after a voice sounded, "Well, .. we have to leave right about.. " Jane looked down to her phone, ".. Now actually,". Earning a nod from scar, jane walked over and linked their arms together.

Both girls gathered their things and made their way towards the front entry way.

Just as they reached the door, scarlette turned her head back towards him. Both locking eyes immediately as his eyes were already on her. She felt a rush of nerves flow through her. Smiling at him she brought her hand up, waving to him softly.

The sight leaving him feeling an unknown pang in his chest as he watched her turn back towards her talkative friend and walk out the door.