chapter ten

- Genevieve -

I'm never getting that drunk again. Aka till next time.

I bend over the fridge door staring at the wine bottle in my fridge repulsed by all alcohol.

"You told him you were gonna marry him yesterday," Mads tells me. If I could forget anything from last night I would choose that.

"I can't believe I did that, we've only known each other for less than a month," and we haven't addressed the kiss from last week. It's moving too fast and I can't stop it.

She moves to the coffee maker filling it with water, "You should've seen the look on every guy in there when he walked in. All of them moved at least five feet away from you."

I hear a knock at the door and shake away the thoughts of everything having to do with him.

"Sweetheart, you look terrible," gee thanks, Mom. She comes in with three bags and I help her carry them. Each one filled with groceries. "Wine, hot sauce, and coffee grounds, you guys are a mess."

Mads and I help her stalk the fridge and thank her for bringing everything. Another knock is heard at the door and I assume it's Nellie or Emma.

"Good morning Cherry, why do you look awful?"

I stare at him with an unamused expression against the door in my black hoodie and biker shorts, "Why are you here?" My hairs a mess and my curtain bangs are falling from the bun while I hopelessly try to pull them behind my ears.

"You forgot your jacket last night at Presley's."

"Thanks, bye-"

"Sweetheart, do you want me to wash the berries or just leave them in the plastic boxes?" I hear my mom call.

"I think we can just keep them in there Mel," Mads tells her.

"I want it to be efficient for you. I'll wash and cut them." She's a saint but right now the smirk on Castillo's face makes me wanna sigh.

"Is that your Mom Cherry? Introduce me to my future mother-in-law."

"I see you remember the conversation from last night."

"I guess you wish you didn't right?" He gives me a pitiful nod mocking me. Ugh.

I hear footsteps to the door silently praying it Mads but when has God ever answered my pleas, "Is this your mom?" He acts oblivious.

"I am!" She exclaims excitedly, "And you are?" She throws a look at me because she knows who he's a star basketball player but she has no idea why he's at my doorstep.

"Adrian Castillo, ma'am." Fake ass bitch.

"Oh, you're the basketball player, my boys love you!" I can practically read her mind, which is thinking does my daughter love you too. Absolutely not.

He chuckles acting like a true gentleman as my mom asks if he wants to come in. He politely declines and hands me my jacket before leaving.

"Wow, he's sexy." I shake my head at her and we clean the kitchen. Mads has a class and soon leaves while my mom and I make dinner.

She hands me the cheese to grate and asks, "So Adrian, why was he here? Boyfriend?"

"No, just a friend."

"If he was just a friend you wouldn't have looked at him that way."

"We haven't really put a label on it."

"Did you, do it, yet?" I would find this question completely insane if it were anyone else who asked but I've always told Mom everything. When it came to relationships I always fell kinda short in being honest with her and I want to change that.