1 - A Strange Encounter

Galas

Galas are something George despises of. Oh and if they were Grand Galas, he despises of even the thought of them.

The only bright side of the Galas was that he could get lost in the music or have a sip of his favourite drink, champagne. Other than that, it was quite horrible.

Having to dance with damsels, lady's, even visiting or neighbouring princesses, the idly chats of the people around him, the dancing in the middle of the ballroom and the drunken nobles were quite a sore to see, do and just the sheer mention of it, George didnt like for many reasons.

Oh but the poor prince is currently trapped in one for his birthday. He wished for this not to happen but his parents- mostly mother -persisted on the idea so at one point, he allowed them to do whatever she wished for his birthday, having lost all interest in arguing with them.

Blings and sparkles met the boy's eyes as soft chatter filled his ears. Tall marble pillars surrounded by gold surrounded the palace in which brought banters from the nobles that came from luxurious and prestigious kingdoms, big chandeliers here and there filled the high ceilings. Sea of people with extravagant dresses and suits sparked conversations, holding glasses of freshly served champagne. The palace that once smelled like candles and gold was now infused by the burning scent of alcohol.

"for you sir" a water handed him a glass of champagne for the fifth time this night that he just simply had to decline as he would have gotten drunk if he drank more.

As the waiter took his leave, going outside the ballrooms walls to tend to other matters, George follows them until he is outside the ballroom, only guards to wonder why he was there. Then he flees to the castle gardens and then outside the walls of it to a grassy field.

Accompanied by fireflies and other mystic little creature's, George lays in the grass, sorrounded by flowers of many kinds, the green hue of the grass between them and the mushrooms he has in his body. His elf ears settling in the all-kinds-of-heights grass around them.

As he stargazes, he is able to make out the symbols of different star signs. The ones he could make out were Capricorn, Cancer, Scorpio, Leo and Aries before he heard an arrow getting shot.

The arrow hit right above his head which sent red flags across his already alert, body.

The prince gets up without waiting another second and ran to the nearest forest, in hopes to not get shot. The trees and wildlife seemingly being alert and willing to protect him as the animals, by now, know the kind prince. They chirped loudly in his ears hoping to block out the fleeting footsteps of his to stop the hunters.

George would often sneak out of the castle to these very woods and spend his time there. The wildlife would welcome him and the animals would be happy to see him as he is very generous towards them.

To quicken his pace, at least a bit or even slightly, with a poof, a pair of small deer antlers and a small deer tail appear. He takes big leaps and runs, being careful of his antlers. Though they were not fully grown, it was still a threat if they got caught.

The poor mortal prince runs and runs until he trips and falls into the ground. In his attempt to get up, he would've gotten caught by the assumed assassins, so he merely stayed still.

As he hears them pass, he sighs in relief which immediately get caught off by someone or something walking infront of him. He looks up and his eyes widen.