8: Ending Of The End

The silence of the ballroom broke as Immedel walked inside, she could see why this was her brother's go-to place. The heavy burden in being the heir to the throne was temporarily lifted in this silent and peaceful room.

As she entered the center of the room, a horrifying sight scathed her mind. There laid George fast asleep, not even her sister's shake can awake him.

"George? Your Highness? Hello?"
Panic slowly settled into her, boggling thoughts blocking out any sounds from the outside world. Her breathing getting uneven as tears pricked her eyes.

"Brother, please respond." She had never felt more desperate and pathetic, she had never had to beg so hard before.

It had been but a few minutes, but for Immedel it felt like eternity. Her breathing got more staggered and she struggled to catch her breathe, she felt suffocated, like drowning in an endless pool. How could she live without her brother, how will she survive in this deep and never ending sea of loneliness.

Nothing came. She waited and waited, asking for her brother to wake up or answer her calls, but nothing.

The doors behind her creeked open, as a dietys presence soaks the room. The princess doesn't budge, though. She keeps cradling the proposed king in her arms.

Immidel felt a hand being placed on her shoulder as comfort, watching as another hand reached to her brothers cheek, carresing it, "he's out like a light, princess. In this state, being as colled as ice and this pale, I fear he's dead."

The princess listened to the dietys words, "but, how? There's no blood or bullet wound or anything. It can't be poison, can it?"

The diety hums, "well, if there's no bullet wound, or blood, or an arrow, I suspect it's poison. A very strong one to kill the king off in one go."

Immidel nodded, a shaky exhale escaping her lips. The diety backed away as she let go off the dead boy and stood up, she looked at it.

She was no fool, she knew gods exist and read all about them. The diety standing near her is a god.

The god looked the princess before turning towards the heir. Its soul seemingly shattered when it firstly looked at  as him before, guilt was overtaking itself.

"can't you do anything to bring him back? Please-   I'll do anything in return", Immidel spoke, tripping over her own words and not thinking about them before saying them out loud.

DreamXD only moved closer to the brunets lifeless body once again, kneeling down and carresing his cold cheek.

It pulled away and turned to the girl. "there's no need for you to do anything. I promised him something which was protection, I've failed and now I must do something to do in its place. Even if I regret it, it'll wake the dove up"

The princess nodded and watched the god dissappear in a flash of light as she heard multiple footsteps come closer to where she sat.

-

George was announced dead to the public a few days later. They held a funeral were they buried him.

Everyone was sad, everyone was questioning how this could've happened.

The god, DreamXD, was watching this all happen. It couldn't miss such a event. It stood idly by, hidden in the mass of a forest, as the buried the princes basket.

It was sad. Sad because its mortal love died.

It was questioning. Questioning how it would revive him, if it even could.

And it was mad. Mad because someone assassinated its love. It would get revenge, somehow and someday.

Although having had a heads up about such event from Arson, it simply forgot to do anything. It hates itself for that.