Chapter 2

Minho had finally decided that enough was enough, Thomas had been absent for almost two months, and every one of those days he could see parts of their team start to disintegrate, after Thomas had shouted at her Brenda had become less sure of herself, Frypan had taken Thomas's broken eating schedule fully to heart and Minho could see the sadness behind his eyes every time Thomas refused to eat. Minho and Gally had been trying to take Thomas's role between them, but it just wasn't enough.

Minho stormed into Thomas's tent without warning and what he found infuriated him more, the stupid slint-head was sitting on his sleeping bag starring at the post in the middle of the tent and had a fresh volley of tears streaming down his face, with his dirty clothes and broken face he looked like he had just been out of a war zone. He didn't even notice when Minho walked in, his eyes stayed fixated on the pole. Minho cleared his throat and Thomas looked up, when he saw Minho, his eyes seemed to sink deeper into a black abyss. Both boys stayed silent for a moment regarding each other when Minho broke the silence.

"Suck it up shuckface."

Thomas looked surprised at Minho's words.

"What"

Minho took in an exasperated breath,

"You really are such a selfish jerk."

Now Thomas's face turned from confusion to anger.

"What the hell is wrong with you Minho" Thomas said angrily. That's when Minho blew up.

"What the shuck is wrong with you Thomas, your so wrapped up in your own self-pity you don't notice what you're doing to everyone else, Brenda cried after you yelled at her and the confidence everyone relayed on her for you blew away like a dust cloud , Fry has been trying new things every day, every shucking day to try to fix your diet and Gally and I have been having to reassure people and take charge because you were their last hope Thomas, I may have leader shucking tattooed on my neck and be told to be one, but you are one. So, get your shucking attitude together."

Thomas stared shell-shocked at Minho's outburst, he looked up and saw Minho walking out of the tent his face red and breath heavy.

Thomas didn't know how long he had sat there contemplating what Minho had said. Thomas hadn't thought much about what people were doing while he was there, I mean, how important had he really been? All he had done was get his friends killed! When his mind wandered to Brenda, Fry, Gally, and the rest of them he felt a hot lump of guilt build in his throat, Had Brenda and Fry really taken his mood changes to heart as much a Minho had said if how much more could he shuck up.

Without even thinking he stood up, he blinked away the dark spots in his vision and slipped on one of the only clean jackets he owned and headed out of the tent.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

When Thomas reached the small circle of tents, the sun was already setting turning the sky mesmerizing shades of red, yellow, and purple a small trail of smoke slithered a path in the sky coming from the middle of the tents. Near the fire sat Minho, Brenda, Gally, Jorge, Aris, and a handful of other people ranging from 13 to 40 years old. Thomas didn't see Frypan, but he quickly dismissed that thinking that he was somewhere finishing up whatever dinner they could make. Gally looked up and was the first to notice Thomas, his face displayed many different emotions as if he was not sure to be relieved or angry to see Thomas but never less, he still nudged Brenda who was talking to Sonya and Harriet and said something that Thomas couldn't make out, but he imagined their conversation was something like this:

Brenda: What shuckface I'm trying to have some intelligent Girl talk about what the most effective way to kill someone is!

Gally: Well, shut the shuck up Thomas is here.

Brenda: Are you sure you are a munie because you're starting to act crazy.

Gally: Look for yourself.

Brenda: OMG its Thomas (JK)

Thomas now walked slowly up to Brenda who was having a hard time sitting still, fidgeting with her hands and shuffling her feet. He now was in front of her, and Brenda had seemed to collect a bit of the confidence that every knew her for and she looked up at Thomas.

"Can I sit down here" Thomas crocked.

Brenda nodded and moved to the left so he could sit in the middle of her and Gally. They sat there in awkward silence when Thomas finally blurted out.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for everything you guys are my best friends, and I am such a shuckface for treating you guys so badly and you did nothing wrong, I'm sorry!"

Both stared shocked at him for a moment, and Thomas now had started crying and Brenda was first to break out of the shock and wrapped her arms around Thomas giving him the first hug he had in a while, Gally now moved and awkwardly patted him on the shoulder and now Minho and Aris came over. Minho followed Brenda's lead hugged Thomas from the other side. They didn't need to say anything, this was showing him that they forgave him, and with his friend's warm bodies wrapped around his own he decided maybe broken things could be fixed.

...End of Chapter 4...

—————————————————————————————————————————————— 

Author Note: YAY this was my longest chapter yet 931 words!!!!!

If I made any mistakes please feel free to tell me :)

Today Question: What is your favorite book series besides the maze runner

Mine is either Percy Jackson or The Hunger Games