Chapter 15

The next few weeks, Newt never left Thomas's side, except for the bathroom, showers, and sleeping. Thomas's seemed to forgive and immediately try to reconnect with Newt, asking him about his experience away from him and smiling and making jokes.

Despite Thomas's kindness, Newt only felt num. It seemed like Thomas's being his best friend just wasn't enough anymore, he had always hoped- no he couldn't do this again he's setting himself for hurt, Thomas didn't feel the way he felt, and it wasn't fair to blame him. Newt just tried to convince himself that Thomas was just another stupid crush, he would get over him..... wouldn't he?

The sat on a patch of grass on a hill watching the people far below. Newt sighed letting the cool breeze whip his hair around making his nose and cheeks pink with cold. Thomas turned to him, his short brown hair glowing gold and brown from the afternoon sun. Some people would see all the deaths, all those shadows that followed Thomas around, but what Newt saw seemed to burn all the guilt from Thomas, he saw a beautiful boy whose heart was pure as gold. No matter what Newt felt for him he would never let that heart be broken again for as long as he was alive. He frowned,

"What's up?" Thomas's face filled with concern.

Newt realized he must have been making a sour expression and at once corrected his face, he shook his head

"I'm fine" He replied, but his "friend" wasn't convinced.

"Come on Newt you're my best friend you can tell me."

Newt tried not to wince when he said friend and was trying to make up some excuse in his head when Thomas spoke up again.

"You're in love, aren't you." He said matter-of-factly.

The blond boy's face of shock must have confirmed Thomas's suspicions because he sighed and turned back to face the hills. The sat like this for a little while, Newt fidgeting and Thomas staring blankly toward the sunset.

"Who are you in love with?" Thomas asked softly, still not looking at him.

Newt couldn't read his tone, was he angry or just curious? The questions didn't seem judgmental, but they weren't exactly friendly either. Newt cleared his throat and Thomas turned back to look at him his brown eyes seemed to penetrate into his soul, his heart and Newt was worried that if he didn't lock them up his secrets, like his feelings for the younger boy might spill out like water spilling out a dam.

"It... I-I just-"

Too many thoughts ran through his head making the words that came out of his mouth jumbled and crowded. How was he to explain to Thomas, that not only was he gay but in love with him, all he could think about was what if he rejected him? What if he never spoke to him again, as much as it hurt to not know, he didn't know if he could bare him knowing and it ending them. He had already lost too many people, and thought he'd lost Thomas several times, he refused to lose him for good.

Thomas had been studying Newt's face for the past few minutes, and since he was not much good at hiding emotions in front of him, he thought he knew exactly what was going on.

"Do you know if she likes you back? You don't have to tell me if you don't want too."

Newt looked up at him, with those big blue eyes that Thomas always found cute. Then he looked as though that he had made a decision.

"I do really like them" he said in a small voice, "but I do think there in love with someone else"

Thomas's heart melts at Newt's words,

"Well, it's her loss then." He says valiantly

He wraps Newt in a side hug and his shoulders tense up,

"Your awesome and any girl would be lucky to have you!"

Newt blushes softly and Thomas gives his shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"That's not true." Newt says his voice nothing but a whisper, but Thomas hears it.

"It is true your smart, and funny, and sweet, and beautiful, I doubt any girl would say no to you in you asked her out."

Newt smiled a little as his cheeks continued to get redder after every comment.

"Where would we even go, this world is so shucked up, I don't think we can go to the bloody mall!"

Thomas laughed,

"You could take her on a picnic, or watch the sunset up here like where doing, that's kinda romantic."

Newt looks around and he stops smiling slowly and his hands feel clammy, Thomas looks down below them wondering if something Newt had seen had made him react like this. Below them Brenda and Gally walked around stopping to talk to a group of teens just below them. Gally grabbed Brenda's hand and Newt sucked in a breath.

Thomas begins to wonder what Newt is thinking about and it hits him plain in the face, like ice cold water and he shivers as it rolled down his back. Brenda was pretty, Thomas couldn't deny that, with her strong take-charge personality and dark brown hair and eyes she was quite attractive inside and out. Thomas didn't know why but something sutured inside him that made him feel sick as he thought,

Was Newt in love with Brenda?

—————————————————————————————————————————————— 

Hola!!!!!!

Hope you liked this chapter, and what do you think of the changes I've made to the beginning of the story (please be honest, I'll change it if it sucks) 

Sorry this chapter was a bit short but I've been super busy.

I sprained my ankle 😅 

Anyway thanks for reading!!!!!!

Question: What do you think is the most overrated ship in any fandom?

I personally feel that Caleo from HoO/ PJO is kinda overrated (please don't kill me)

Have a good day/night