Chapter 16

Being happy was beginning to become overrated and he was pretty eager to get rid of it. Newt had got up that morning, early, even earlier than Thomas when the sun had not yet reached the sky and the bright cold moon had just begun too decent. Today was going to be the day he would tell him the truth. He had rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and walked to the showers. The warm shower droplets dripped down his back as he sat on the ground staring at the wood door opposite to him. The bathroom wasn't exactly what you would call luxurious, with the cold uneven stone tiles and wood doors but Newt had survived two years bathing with ice cold water and washing his hair and face with soap that stank of antiseptic and disinfected wipes. Warm water and normal smelling soap, yes please. Today he barely noticed the way the water warmed his toes and finger all his mind focused on was all the what ifs.

What if he never spoke to him again?

What if he kissed him?

What if he made fun of him?

What if he told him he loved him back?

His mind seemed to make up millions of these varying thoughts, never fully convincing him to do it, but never convincing him he couldn't. Newt was shaking out of his daze when a wave of freezing water splashed onto his head, his head whipped up to the shower walls wondering if someone had poured it on him. Flashing back to the glade where Chuck would do that a lot until Gally caught him and made Alby send him to work with Winston for a week, poor Chuck was terrified, and he never did it again and Newt could bathe in peace. But this time he didn't hear the squeaking laugh of Chuck running from the room and the cold water didn't stop. Turns out he had sat there for so long the warm water and run out. He quickly grabbed his towel drying off his hair from soaked to damp with a few small hairs sticking to his forehead. Throwing on a pair of jeans and a yellow T-shirt he walked out of the bath house with no shoes on. He only realized his mistake when Thomas ran up to him. The sight of the boy filled Newt's stomach with butterflies who in the past few days had made a comfortable living space there. He had managed to run over to Newt with a plate complete with three pieces of bacon, five eggs and two bagels, one with cream cheese and one with honey, it looked like.

"Hey" Thomas said "Oh why don't you have any shoes on"

Newt looked down, and to his horror his feet were completely bare. When Thomas saw his face, he laughed. It was a sweet sound, completely filled with joy and not a trace of sarcasm or pompousness. Newt could listen the that sound for days.

"What?" Thomas asked

"What"

"You were staring at me"

Newt looked away quickly

"Oh, nothing just lost in thought."

Thomas shook his head jokingly at him, then made a tsk tsk noise that made Newt giggle.

"Anyway, now that I found you do you want to go talk, in my tent maybe"

Newt nodded eagerly and trailed behind his friend as they walked. Newt's feet stung from the sharp rocks beneath his feet, but he tried to ignore it. He had much bigger things to think about, this would be the perfect opportunity to talk to Thomas even if he didn't like it, he owed it to himself to tell the truth. When they made it to the tent (Newt's feet were cheering) Thomas walked inside first and his blond hair companion took a big breath of cool air before following him in.

The first thing Newt noticed when he walked in was how clean it was, the clothes were neatly stacked in a corner and his bed was made, newt sat there now and breathed in the smell of Thomas. The brunette was pacing in front of him, and Newt followed him with his eyes, confused at his nervousness he was the one trying to confess a long-term crush for bloody sake!

When Thomas finally sat down his shoulder touching Newt's, his breathing slowed and Newt felt his muscles relax. He turned to face him and Thomas turned his head to meet their eyes. Newt sucked in a breath when he noticed how close they were, noses only inches apart. Thomas opened his mouth to say something but closed it again. Newt cleared his throat,

"Thomas, there's something I wanted to talk about."

Thomas's eyes filled with hurt, and he turned his head away, Newt panicked, had he said something wrong?

"I'm sorry, did I do something wron-"

Thomas mumbled something unintelligible, and Newt leaned closer to hear what he had to say.

"You called me Thomas; you never call me Thomas unless somethings wrong."

Newt's face softened and he put an arm around Thomas's shoulders.

"Hey," he said "It's fine, nothing's wrong, I just wasn't thinking, I'm sorry"

Thomas looked up at him, his big eyes so full of warmth it could melt a glacier.

"Ok, what did you want to say?"

Newt shook his head,

"nothing" he said, "It's not important."

Thomas sat up with a stubborn look on his face,

"Yes, it is!! What is it, you can tell me anything, tell me."

Newt started to sweat, this is not how he planned this to go down, so he went with his second plan, a plan he had never really considered until now. He lurched forward and planted a quick kiss on Thomas's mouth. When he pulled away the boy looked dazed and slightly confused. He opened his mouth to say something, but Newt didn't wait to see what he said. He rushed out of the tent, the sharp rocks piercing his feet and barley made it back to his tent before the tears started falling.

Stupid, why did he ever believe, because after all Thomas didn't kiss him back. He guessed True Love wasn't real in this story.

           ——————————————————————————————————————————    

Author Note:  Hola!!!!!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while (writers block + school sucks)

Question: Did you like that cliff-hanger :)))  😁😋 

 Thank you for all the support it took a lot to put my story on the internet and it really helps that your all so nice about it ♥

Anyway have a great Day/Night!!!!!!!