Chapter 7

The four of them were in sight of the camp a few hours before dark, as they approached the group of tents Newt could see lights and hear the sounds of talking and laughter which sounded so foreign to his ears sounds, he hadn't heard since his times in the glade and even brought back memories earlier,

"You promised you would play fairy princess kingdom now come on, you promised!"  

It was Lizzy, Sonya his sister, Newt remembered.

It had been a hot muggy day when the rain came pouring down from the sky. That was fine with Lizzy, the rain simply meant she could have extra time with her brother. Lizzy's brother that would later become Newt was tall, with blond hair and brown eyes unlike her with her dark hair and shorter stature. He spent most of his time huddled in a corner reading a few old books that their parents managed to keep, the pages torn and yellowed. She had been around 4 years old when her brother had been given a book for his birthday, the book had been Alice and the adventures of wonderland even though the book would be considered a "girls book" to some he did not mind in the slightest.

He spent his days in his room now except for the few exceptions where he played with her and that had been one of those days. Lizzy dragged him to her room which was decorated with paper butterflies and drawings she had made a few years earlier.

"C'mon you promised!"

She dragged him around, but Newt hadn't minded, secretly he loved playing with her not so much the dolls and dressing up but the look on his sister's face when he chased her around the house, gleeful, care-free, and happy. She put ribbons and bows in his hair tying small ponytails and braiding his hair until it looked straight out of a fairy tale, with wings and sometimes (if he was in a good mood) he would let her put her fairy lip-gloss and pink eyeshadow on him.

Later, after Lizzy was 'beautified" he would chase her around their house as she screamed and laughed while pretending to shoot magical spells out of her "magic fairy wand" until their mom called them for dinner. 

Newt felt his eyes tear up at this unexpected memory, even though his memory had been repaired at seemed to only be coming back in small bits and pieces with random sounds, smells, and even sights bringing them back with stabbing clarity. Keisha looked over at him and her eyes filled with worry when she saw his eyes glassed over with his lips pursed as if in pain.

"I'm fine." He said trying to reassure her.

She seemed to understand that whatever he was thinking about was not something he was ready to share with her and could see the pleading look he was giving her to not ask. Keisha nodded to show she understood what he meant,

"We should go slow," Keisha explained "We don't know what camp that is or if its friendly but Jacks,"

Jackie looked up when her mother said her name,

"I want you to carry your brother and if there's any trouble, I want you to grab your bag and Dante's and run as fast as you can toward that patch of woods that way."

She said pointing toward a clump of oak trees a few yards from where they stood,

"Don't look back and don't wait for us."

Jackie started to protest but Keisha raised her hand up to stop her,

"You have to promise me, whatever happens to me I don't need you three getting hurt."

Newt looked up when she said three, he knew it was stupid, but it still surprised him when Keisha showed any sort of motherly affection toward him, so at the thought that she was willing to sacrifice her life to allow him to escape. Of course, his mind at once went to the other explanation that Keisha simply meant for Newt to protect her children and didn't really care if he escaped as long as her children got to live a full life, but he quickly dismissed that thought Keisha cared about him and he cared about her, so he needed to stop being a twat and listen to her plan. But Wait, NO.

"No" He argued coming back to his senses, "If there's trouble you grab Jackie and Dante and run."

"No Ne-" Keisha tried to protest but he cut in,

"They need you Keisha so can you try not to do the amazingly brave thing for once,"

"New-"

"They need you."

She opened her mouth but when he gave her a glare, she closed it again crossing her arms over her chest sighing as if realizing she was not going to win this battle.

"Ok" Newt said, "let's go!"

——————————————————————————————————————————————

As they walked closer Newt could see a person was standing at what seemed to be the entrance holding something that looked suspiciously like an assault rifle. The figure seemed vaguely familiar, when the figure spotted them, they stood at attention a tent sending a shadow over there face shielding it from Newt's line of sight. They seemed about Newt's height with darker looking hair as they walked closer his hand brushed the trigger of his gun the other hand gripping the handle tightly.

"Identify yourself!" Cried the person in a deep voice cutting through the silence,

Newt had no desire to get shot twice and his heart leapt into his throat when he realized who he was only a few yards from.

"Jackie stay behind me." Keisha reminded her daughter,

She looked at Newt her eyes seemed to say, "please say you know the person with the gigantic gun", Newt nodded and her shoulders visibly relaxed.

"I said, identify yourself" the not-so-stranger called out again this time pointing his gun toward Newt.

Newt stepped into closer the light now illuminating his face, the person that Newt now knew was a guy gasped and dropped his gun.

"Newt? What the shuck!!!"

—————————————————————————————————————————————— 

Author Note: HI!!!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter comment who do you think is the stranger and tell me if I made any mistakes and I'm lazy so that's the question.

Deal with it!!

Anyway have a good rest of your day!!