Chapter 8

Quick Author Note before you start this chapter-

I'm hoping to try and update every weekend and hope you enjoy this chapter!!( BTW sorry for the cliffhanger I just had to do it)

In all the time Minho had known him he had never seen Gally run as fast as he did the night that made my brain explode, he liked to call it.

Day before:

Thomas had decided to go to bed leaving Aris and him alone, their shoulders brushing together their hands intertwined, it was getting late and most of the people had retreated into their tents and the night felt still and quiet, Minho wished he could pause this moment and yes, he understood that sounded super shucking cheesy, but he was someone who believed that good things never lasted and he was prepared that this moment might never be the same.

Aris, who was a few inches shorter than Minho rested his head on the former runner's shoulder and let the soft fabric of his shirt and even breaths calm him. This moment did not last long though and Minho was just suggesting they turn in for the night, Gally stampeded in, his rifle knocking over things with no mercy. Minho got up so quickly he forgot that Aris's head was on his shoulder resulting in him making his boyfriend fall of the bench. The older boy looked at him apologetically, and offered his hand to him, but Aris waved him off and pointed his head toward Gally indicating that they had a much bigger situation here.

Gally looked like he had seen a ghost his face was pale, and he looked scared out of his mind. Minho felt fear climbing his way up his throat. He knew for a fact it took a great deal to scare his friend that much. Before Minho could ask a question like- Aren't you supposed to be guarding the entrance? What's wrong? Or why the shuck does your face look like you ate paper? Gally pointed hurrying toward the entrance of the camp and only spoke two words before turning around and not checking if either of them was following raced back the way he came, "He's alive."

——————————————————————————————————————————————

As they rushed behind Gally, Minho wondered who he meant. Who was alive? Was it a friend, or did he mean Ratman had somehow not been killed. Or did he mean.... No. Minho refused to feel hopeful but still if it was his friend out there.

It hadn't taken as long as it should have for Minho to move on from Newt's death it seemed to take him a few days and then he seemed to have moved on. He felt guilty that he didn't feel worse but also angry at Thomas for not getting over it quicker, he would sometimes wonder if there was still some deep twisted part of his brain that was still enraged about the way Newt had acted when they had come to "save" him in the crank palace, the way he had pointed the launcher at them, that imaged haunted Minho in the dead of night.

"Please" he had said "please leave"

When they had finally left, he had felt so angry, so confused. Why would his best friend choose to leave them, go willingly and live with literal crazy people? Did he understand how he held them together, how his title given to him as The Glue was truer than they realized?

He was shook out of his troubling thought when he bumped into Gally didn't move at all and didn't even turn back his eyes stayed glued on a group of people a few feet away. They're stood a woman with dark hair and eyes holding a boy who couldn't have been more then 5 years old, a girl who must have been the woman's daughter holding hands with... no... a tall blond-haired boy with a slight limp on one leg due to a failed suicide attempt.

Aris who had moved silently to Minho's side his hand wrapped around the runner's was the first to speak.

"Newt?" He asked "Wait, how are you here?"

Minho saw Newt's eyes flick quickly between him and Aris and then back to Minho his brown eyes searching his for any emotion. Minho gave him a hard look and Newt dropped eye contact and turned to answer Aris's question.

"To be honest Aris, I don't really know how but Keisha here," He explained indicating to the women on his left, "managed to save me, I met her and her son Dante while staying in the crank palace and then later helped them find her daughter Jackie. Tommy's shot must have by some miracle not hit any vital organs and we have been walking here all day to try to reach this camp. We wanted to see... Well, I wanted to see if you shanks," He paused and looked at Minho to see if he his Glader slang had activated anything in his face, when Minho face stayed straight and hard as a wall, he continued "I wanted to see if you were here so I could set things right. Look I know that I was a bloody slit-head to you shanks and I don't deserve your forgiveness but here's my apology anyway, I'm sorry I left you guys, I thought if I stayed it would just be harder watching me slowly turn and I..."

He cleared his throat trying to stop the tears which were now beginning to run down his face as he talked, "I didn't want to hurt you, I knew that these emotions from the flare, that anger, I didn't know what I would do if I lost control and hurt you, so I left and I know it was dumb and I hurt you guys but you matter so much to me" His tears were now falling in waves down his face "Y-You guys, To- Tommy, Fry, Brenda, Jorge, L- L-Lizzy, I'm so sorry for hurting you all."

He dropped to the ground and covered his face with his hands his breaths now coming out ragged and short. Minho in that moment didn't care what his friend had done he ran up to him and bent down wrapping his friend in a tight hug. Newt wrapped his arms around Minho's lower back and buried his face in his shoulder, and Minho didn't even mind the blond boy's tears getting on his new cotton shirt (and Aris had just got it for him!) They seemed to stay like that forever and when they both finally pulled away Minho said two things that Newt had never expected.

"I forgive you."

—————————————————————————————————————————————— 

Author Note:

HI!!

I'm sorry the beginning of this chapter was kinda trash but I hope you enjoyed there reunion and if I made any mistakes please feel free to tell me. 

Daily Question: How do you think Thomas is going to react seeing Newt next chapter?

Have a great rest of your day shuck-faces!!!