Chapter 4

It had been 3 days since Minho had yelled at Thomas and Thomas had never felt more at home. Brenda had started to gain back some kick- butt attitude and she reminded Thomas of the girl he had first met in the scorch whose flirtatious ways helped break some of the ever-growing tension and fear growing in their ranks. Thomas had soon after his apollo-gy to Brenda and Gally had found Frypan and had given out yet another heart-felt sorry that may or may not have included both of them crying (Thomas for the second time that hour) and Thomas had promised that he would try to eat more.

Minho and Thomas were currently sitting on a bench near that campfire doing a thing Minho called "The shank show with Min Min the king of sassy hair" which included Thomas talking about anything that bothers him and Minho calls him whatever rude name he wants, surprisingly it might have helped Thomas more than he cared to admit knowing that Minho would never shut the shuck up afterwards if he told him but having anything that bothers him criticized and shut down helped him think more positive or a positive as you could get when you live in a world where there a crazy people and words like klunk. Thomas had just started explaining his newest thought when Sonya cleared her throat.

"Hey Sonya" Thomas said "What's up"

She took a deep breath and seemed to be debating what to say her eyes flitted between him and Minho "Can I talk to you about something...alone"

Thomas looked to Minho for confirmation that he was ok with that, he nodded, and Thomas got up and followed Sonya toward a cluster of rocks a little way out of the circle of tents and sat down across from her. He looked at her expectantly, when she looked up at him it hit him hard, she looked so much like Newt it hurt same eyes, same hair, same smile.

"So, what do you want to talk about"

He decided not to add alone thinking it would make it awkward. She looked so nervous Thomas was starting to think she killed someone maybe Harriet since she wasn't here right now, and the girls seemed to spend every waking moment together and maybe also non-waking.

"I want you to tell me about Newt"

She finally blurted out, shaking Thomas out of his thoughts. Sonya or Lizzy whatever people called her now seemed to immediately regret her demand and looked as though she was mentally screaming at herself.

"I'm sorry, I just ehhh-"

She put her face in her hands and muttered something along the lines of "I'm so dumb".

Thomas understood what she was asking even though some of her memories of Newt were coming back she had still missed several years with him. Thomas put his hand on her shoulder, and she looked up to see him smiling dimly at her,

"Son its fine ask me whatever, I... I think Ne..."

He seemed to have trouble saying his friends name at first then cleared his throat and continued,

"Newt would want you to know his story even if it's not as happy as it should be, but promise me one thing, don't ask about his death I'm... I'm not ready to face that yet."

Sonya nodded

"I just, I feel like I barely knew him and now I have all these people whispering, pointing staring, that's Newt's sister, do you think she has the flare too, I feel so bad for her,it so bloody annoying."

She even spoke like him, this hit Thomas hard, breaking a small piece of his heart away that Thomas knew would never heal. She looked up, saw Thomas's sad lonely expression and didn't hesitate to ramble out apologies and other things Thomas couldn't hear blocked out by the sad buzzing noise in his head shuffling though a slideshow of his best memories of Newt, laughing, talking, and even just smiling. He was ripped back into reality as Sonya was shuffling, starting to get ready to leave

"You know what, that was a stupid idea, I'm just gonna leave and I won't bother you anymore, sorry aga-"

"Sonya" Thomas interrupted "It's fine calm down, I understand, Newt meant a lot to me."

When she smirked at this, Thomas turned beet red and stammered,

"And the other Gladers obviously, but I would love to share my thoughts of Newt and never be afraid to ask, you're like the annoying little sister I never had."

Sonya smiled, then her faced moved into an evil smile.

"Anything ok, then did you like Newt?"

They talked about everything from his favorite color to the crush that totally did not happen until the sky turned dark and they bid each other goodnight both in good spirits to fall asleep to think that Newt was watching over them.

...End of Chapter 6...

—————————————————————————————————————————————— 

Author Note: Hi!!!!

Sorry it took so long to update, I've been super busy, anyway if you have any comments or I made any mistakes please tell me. 

BTW- If anyone got the Percy Jackson and Magnus Chase references I love you!!!!

Today Question: What do you think will happen next ( I know, I know super original)