Chapter 9

*Thomas chapter btw*

Thomas never thought he could sleep through something so important.

Earlier that night, he had gone to bed early sensing his friends wanting time alone together, they were so flushed around each other blushing crazy when they made any sort of physical contact and even eye contact. But Thomas could tell that it wasn't just their new relationship that caused the nervousness, whenever Minho grabbed his boyfriend's hand or show any other form of affection Aris's eyes looked like he was expecting Thomas to say something like he thought that Thomas oversaw them dating.

In his opinion Minho and Aris were adorable together and he could see the happiness in his friend's eyes when he held Aris's hand, but occasionally seeing them together made his heart ache with flashes of his best moments with Newt, he had never thought he would have some of the best moments in his life in a tiny fake land surrounded by a gigantic maze with demon spiders in it, but he remembered the first time he had met Newt, his first look at him as he blank expression slowly morphing into easy- going smile as he got to know him, standing next to Alby as he came up from the box, god he missed that shank! Thomas found it accomplishing that he was able to remember Newt in good ways, cherishing the memories, be able to move on and focus on people who were still in his life.

He woke up late the next morning, it cool and humid and Thomas's hair was sticking out in messy angles, he sighed, attempted, and failed to flatten it knowing he was going to get a severe making fun of from Minho. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes he moved around to slip on clothes before exiting the tent and making his way to the dining pavilion

As he arrived the tables were laden with food ranging from fruit to pancakes to cupcakes. Fry had really outdone himself today, was it someone's birthday? Thomas grabbed a plate filling it with apple slices, eggs, and a bright blue cupcake. Distracted by hunger he did not notice at first the large cluster of people crowded around a table but now made his was over there. He saw Minho sitting in the middle with Aris and someone else who was talking to Sonya who had large fat tears falling down her cheeks.

"Newt?!"

His friend's head whipped around to face him; blue eyes met brown, and Thomas felt a sharp stab of pain come from his chest, this was his Newt, his surprise started to subside replaced by a hot lump of anger. Newt looked at him, seeming to analyze his face, his eyes concerned and warm, this only made Thomas angrier. The crowd had parted at this point and Minho was trying to say something to him, but his words seemed quiet and unimportant. Newt was standing up moving toward him slowly as if approaching a wild animal. He stopped a few feet from him, reaching out his hand to him,

"Tommy-"

"No!" Thomas cut him off "No... no... no. I can't... You can't just suddenly be here! Y-You broke me, and you can't do this to me w-whatever part of you made you think that you could just come back, and everything would be fine, whatever part of me is still left you just d-destroyed!"

Thomas and Newt were both sobbing by now, there tears rolling down there faces to land on the pebbles beneath them turning white to grey, Newt began to speak but Thomas interoperated again.

"N-No you've done enough to me."

At this Thomas turned and speed back toward his tent millions of thoughts spiraling through his head.

Behind him Newt collapsed to the ground tears spilling through his hands and his body racking with sobs quietly whimpering Tommy for only the wind to hear.

——————————————————————————————————————————————  

Authors Note: Sorry for such a short chapter, I've just been super busy and I wanted to post something.But anyway what did you think of there reunion? I know it was kinda sad and dramatic but I kinda hate in stories when the characters disregard there feeling just because something amazing happens and since there's no life threat like W.C.K.D I thought this would be Thomas's most realistic reaction. 

And he just wanted to enjoy his cupcake in peace!

Have a good rest of your day/night