First Phase

Eve's p.o.v.

We all turned to face the door of the tunnel as it opened to reveal a tall thin man with lavender hair and a curly thin mustache. He introduced himself as Satotz the first examiner for the hunter's exam and said our only task was to simply follow him. It seemed simple enough and I knew I'd have no trouble with this phase. It made me wonder why those men said this was going to be so hard. As we ran I noticed that many applicants stayed away from Hisoka as much as possible while he stayed beside Gittarackur. I also noticed that there were groups of people together which I assumed meant they were together. Not wanting Hisoka or Gittarackur near Killua I stayed between the two groups keeping them separate until Gon and Killua ran ahead.  From the corner of my eye I could see Hisoka watching me and once the pace started to pick up I turned my head to look at him.

"Is there something you need Hisoka? If not I'd prefer you stop staring at me, it is quite annoying." I spoke and he smirked as he moved to run beside me.

"Not at all my dear. I just can't help but admire your beauty~" He purred and I felt my face heat up once more as I turned to look ahead.

"Th-thank you Hisoka." I stuttered not sure what else to say as we ran and he smiled. We continued to run in silence but I still felt him watching my every move and I shiver slightly at the attention not used to it. Feeling a sense of malice I looked over at Gittarackur to find him glaring at Hisoka. When he noticed me however he calmed down and focused his attention elsewhere. I was confused by his actions to say the least but didn't question it not wanting to make him angry.

After awhile my pace had slowed a bit in order to save some energy and I'm guessing Hisoka noticed because I heard him give an amused chuckle as he glanced in my direction.

"Getting tired are we?~" He asked and I kept my focus ahead of me.

"Not at all. I'm just trying to save my energy since there's no way of knowing what we will be doing next." I answered simply and he hummed in response.

"In that case why don't we do something to pass the time~" Hisoka suggested and I glanced at him.

"Like what?"

"Why don't you tell me a bit about yourself. You seem quite fascinating and I want to know more about you~"

"What do you want to know?" I questioned hoping he wouldn't ask anything too personal.

"Well why do you want to be a hunter?" He asked and I was silent. I guess I hadn't thought about it that much.

"To be honest I didn't want to. I got bored and overheard the exam was difficult so I decided it could be fun and at least entertain me for awhile until I decide what I want to do next." I answered honestly since I had no reason to lie to him at the moment.

"Oh?~ Seems to me like you get bored easily. Am I wrong?~"

"No. It's to be expected when you come from a family of performers. There's only so much you can do before it all becomes the same and boring."

"Performers huh? I was wondering why the name Rose sounded familiar. I've heard your family is quite skilled~ Makes me wonder what else you can do~" He responded and I looked at him confused and slightly worried about his last statement. Wanting to change the subject I decided to ask him some questions of my own.

"I've answered your questions Hisoka, I think it's only fair you answer some of mine." I said and he hummed.

"There's not much to tell but I suppose I can answer your questions if you really want~"

"Well first off how old are you?" I questioned out of curiosity and he smirked.

"27. How about you my dear~" He answered and at first I was surprised since I thought he'd at least be in his thirties.

"It's rude to ask a woman her age but if you must know, I am 21." I answered teasingly and his eyes widened a bit.

"Is that so~ You look much younger than that. You still look as beautiful as ever my lovely~" My eyes widened and I turned away from him as my face became bright red. Normally when someone would comment on my age it wouldn't phase me but this time I was blushing like mad because of one man. I don't understand why he has this effect on me. All I knew was that it can't be good for me in the future.

"Well it looks like we've made it out of the tunnel~" Hisoka stated and I looked around surprised. Sure enough we were outside the tunnel and in a foggy wetlands.

"I told you that would pass the time didn't I ~" Hisoka teased and I blushed bright red as he wrapped his arms around my waist holding me close to him.

"H-Hisoka what are you doing?!" I cried embarrassed and he simply smiled down at me with closed eyes as I tilted my head back to look up at him.

"I just want my precious little butterfly to be close to me~" He answered and I could tell the others were watching making my face heat up more as I began to stutter.

"Y-yours?" I questioned and he hummed nodding.

"You're quite fascinating and I enjoy your company so I think I'll keep you around for awhile~" He stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world and I stuttered at a lack for words. Luckily I didn't have to think long as I heard my name being called and I looked over to see Killua walking towards me.

Thinking quick I squirmed out of Hisoka's hold and made my way over to Killua but not before catching the frown Hisoka sent my way as I broke free from him. Shrugging it off I ruffled Killua's hair and he smiled.

"Good to see you made it through the first phase Kil."

"You too Eve although this isn't the end of the first phase." He explained and I shrugged figuring it couldn't be that hard.

"Hey are you alright Eve. I noticed Hisoka's been staring at you for awhile now. I'd stay away from him if I were you, he seems dangerous." Killua asked worried and I nodded at him.

"I know. I'll be fine I promise. As long as you're safe nothing else matters." I responded and he nodded before heading off with Gon. Soon after I heard a rattling sound behind me and I turned to see Gittarackur standing behind me.

"Oh hello again Gittarackur. It's good to see you made it through." I greeted politely not wanting to do anything to anger him.

"Stay away from Hisoka."