Nightmares

Eve's p.o.v.

"No please I'll do better I swear just don't put me back in there!" I begged Silva as I was dragged to the dungeon of the Zoldyck mansion. I had failed to defeat Illumi again and Silva thought it was necessary to punish me for it. Looking to my left I saw my mother following Silva silently as he held ahold of the collar of my dress dragging me through the hall.

"Mother please don't let him do this! I beg of you! I'll do anything just don't put me in that room again!" I begged but she ignored me without even sparing me a glance. I had been training with the Zoldyck family for months now and despite Illumi and I training together I had yet to defeat him and that meant I was a disappointment to my family because I hadn't improved to their standards. Seeing my mother wasn't going to help me, I felt tears being to cloud my sight and stream down my face as I looked in front of me to see Illumi following the three of us silently.

"Illumi please say something! You're not just going to let them do this are you!?" I asked but he remained silent as well. He gave me an apologetic look but didn't try to stop his father and I began struggling against Silva more as we neared the room I was to stay in. As he opened the door I began clawing at his hand trying to break free but his grip was too strong and I found myself being tossed inside the room and crashing into the floor harshly. Thinking quick, I got up and ran to the door as it was shut in my face.

"Please please don't do this! I'll do better I promise! I'll train twice as hard just please don't leave me in here!" I cried as tears were streaming down my face freely.

"I'll return to let you out in a few days Evelyn." Silva informed and I began banging my fists on the door pleading for them to let me out. When I realized they were gone I looked around at the room with wide eyes.

It was a special room they had made just for me to train me at first but once they realized the effect it had they began using it as a punishment. The whole room was white with padded soundproof walls and floors ensuring the room stayed silent. As I looked around I began to panic knowing I would be in here alone for the next few days with nothing to fill the silence of this room. They used this room as a punishment because they learned I hated the silence and when left in a room void of any noise but what I made, it drove me mad until the moment they let me out. It left me broken and emotionless, willing to do whatever they wanted of me.

I continued to pound on the door as hard as I could begging for it to open as the skin on my hands broke open and began to bleed leaving red stains on the door as my blood dripped to the floor. The pain had barely registered as all I could think about was getting out of this room. After what felt like hours, I fell to my knees and began screaming for them to come back as I tugged at my hair and cried wishing I had done better. If I had then I wouldn't be in here and I'd be able to go outside and play with Illumi like normal. I continued to scream and cry until my voice was hoarse and I struggled to make a sound as I was left with the silence unable to fill the void.

Days had passed and I was sat in the corner of the room hugging  my knees to my chest. It was then that I felt my hatred for my mother begin to grow and as I sat there I felt my mind slipping as my bloodlust filled the room completely. I began seeing shadows in the corner of my eye move and bolt around the room but they never got too close to me and as I looked at my own shadow I curled up closer to the corner gripping my arm tightly. Soon enough I sat there numb to everything and slowly began singing quietly not realizing I was lacing my voice with nen.

"Hell raising. Hair raising. I'm ready for the worst."
"So frightening. Face whitening. Fear that you can't reverse"
"My phone has no signal it's making my skin crawl the silence is so loud."
"The lights spark and flicker with monsters much bigger than I can control now."