Back off Hisoka

Eve's p.o.v.

"Excuse me?" I questioned confused about why he seemed so upset I was around Hisoka.

"You're just a toy to him. And once he breaks you he will toss you aside without a care. " He said coldly and walked away leaving me there confused.

"What just happened?" I questioned and shiver as I felt a hand run down my spine before I spun around quickly. Unfortunately for me it was too quickly and I tripped falling into a pair of arms as they caught me. Looking up I came face to face with Hisoka and quickly regained my footing as I stood up.

"Don't tell me you're falling for me already my dear~" Hisoka teased and I looked away quickly as I frowned trying my best to hide how embarrassed I was. I was a skilled assassin and here I was falling into the arms of a man I hardly knew. I'm glad my family can't see me now or else I'd never hear the end of it.

"No I just tripped that's all. Thank you for catching me." I said not looking at him. I felt him place his finger under my chin as he gently turned my head to look at him once more.

"It's rude to not look at the one you're talking to little fruit~" He spoke and I stuttered a little nervous seeing the hint of anger in his eyes. Was he mad that I left him to go talk to Killua?

"R-right. Sorry Hisoka." I apologized and he hummed. I started walking past him but was pulled back into his chest as he hooked his arm around my waist pulling me towards him.

"You broke free from me earlier so quickly I hardly got to spend time with you~" He stated and I gulped sensing the hint of anger in his voice once more so I decided to go along with it.

I stood there with his arms around my waist as Satotz explained the Milsy Wetlands. After everything was explained someone suddenly came out accusing Satotz of being an imposter which was honestly ridiculous but I could tell that some of the applicants were starting to believe him. Growing annoyed with the situation and the stupidity of some of the applicants, I felt my bloodlust begin to seep through and I was about to attack the man accusing Satotz when three playing cards were thrown at both the man and Satotz. I watched in fascination as the man fell dead while Satotz caught each card with ease.

Looking up I found Hisoka was the one who attacked both men and I listened as Hisoka explained how the examiners were all hunters which is why it was so easy for Satotz to evade his attack. Satotz thankfully took it as a compliment but warned Hisoka that if he attacked another examiner for any reason then he would be disqualified. After that we all began following Satotz through the Milsy Wetlands being careful to stay close to him.

"You wanted to kill that man didn't you~" Hisoka asked and I glanced in his direction before returning my attention back to Satotz not wanting to lose him in the fog.

"I don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about Hisoka." I lied and I heard him hum with interest.

"Don't lie to me my dear. I felt your bloodlust. You wanted to kill him yourself but I got to him first~" He taunted and I frowned as I grit my teeth.

"As I said I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a performer not a killer. I'm simply here for the fun of it." I responded coldly as I picked up my pace and I heard him chuckle behind me.

"You're such a bad liar~ Why deny what you want~" He asked and I sighed as I ignored him to the best of my ability knowing I would regret it later.

After awhile I noticed Hisoka had become very quiet so I stopped and followed the scent of bubblegum to an open grassy area. There I found Hisoka surrounded by a group of men. I could sense his bloodlust so I stayed out of sight as I simply watched from the trees. With one quick swing all of the surrounding men were dead and one was crawling away but he didn't last long. I continued to watch as a smile grew across my face and I bit my lip trying to hold in my own bloodlust as I felt the urge to kill grow. I knew if I let my bloodlust loose it wouldn't only be a possible massacre but it would alert Hisoka of my presence.

As I watched I noticed Killua's friends Kurapika and Leorio. Both of them looked horrified by what they had just witnessed and before Hisoka had a chance to do anything they both ran. After they left I was about to come out until Leorio came back with a branch and tried to attack Hisoka only to fail as he missed him. Suddenly as Hisoka reached for Leorio he was struck by Gon's fishing rod and Leorio was dumb enough to try to strike Hisoka once again ending in him being knocked out. I had to keep myself from laughing at Leorio and then I realized that Hisoka had Gon by the throat.

Had Gon not been Killua's friend I wouldn't have cared but I couldn't let Hisoka harm Gon since he was. Quickly and quietly I stepped out and pulled out my trick ribbon knowing my music wouldn't be fast enough to stop him. With a flick of the wrist I had struck Hisoka on the cheek with the sharpened side of my trick ribbon slicing it open. The wound wasn't too severe but was enough to make him bleed and catch his attention. Now that I had Hisoka's full attention, I knew I was in trouble but I didn't care as long as Killua's friends were safe.

I watched him drop Gon as he began walking towards me with a sick grin plastered on his face. Once he was in front of me I was looking up into those golden eyes as I released my bloodlust slightly to battle his but it ended up getting covered by his. I wouldn't lie that I was terrified but at the same time I enjoyed the challenge Hisoka proposed.

"Mmm~ Now I'm sure that wasn't intentional my dear. Was it~" he questioned and I stood my ground as I gripped my trick ribbon tightly.

"It was. I won't allow you to harm Killua's friend Hisoka. I don't care what you do to the others but they are off limits." I spat and he hummed in amusement as he stared down at me.

"Oh you are such an entertaining toy aren't you. How cute you'd try to save him~" He taunted and I growled as I lunged at him aiming a blow to his stomach. Before I could blink I was shoved back into the tree behind me as my hands were pinned above my head. Hisoka stood in front of me with a sly amused grin as I struggled against him.

"Know your place little fruit. I wouldn't want to break you already. Not when you still have so much potential~" Hisoka purred as he used his other hand to roughly grip my face keeping my eyes on him. Knowing there was no way out of this I quietly nodded in defeat letting him know I understood.

"Good girl~" He praised and I felt my cheeks heat up slightly as he loosened his grip and gently ran his thumb along my bottom lip. Unsure of what he would do I stayed still and silent.

"Not so brave now are you~ Don't worry. I was never going to kill them. They both passed so they will be fine. You on the other hand~" he started and cupped my cheek in his hand staring into my eyes and I noticed how his eyes flickered to my lips before returning to mine.

"Pull another stunt like that and I can't guarantee your safety~" He warned and I was quick to nod understanding.

"I-I understand." I assured and his smile softened as he stroked my cheek with his thumb.

"Good~ " He said and let me go as he walked away to go pick up Leorio. After a message from Gittarackur letting Hisoka know he should hurry up he looked at me and motioned for me to follow him. As we made our way to the end of the exam phase Hisoka occasionally looked back to make sure I was still following him. After that incident one thought had run through my mind.

"What had I gotten myself into?"