New Friend

Eve's p.o.v.

Waking up the next morning I rubbed my neck since it was sore and slipped out of bed heading to the bathroom. I wasn't signed up for any matches today so I decided I'd relax for the day and find something to do. Looking in the mirror I groaned seeing the dark hickey Hisoka had given me last night and rubbed it trying to figure out how I would hide it. I shivered remembering the hungry look in Hisoka's eyes last night and was glad all he did was give me a hickey. I still wasn't pleased it was there and after straightening my hair out I walked out of the bathroom and changed into a simple dress. The top of it was black and had long sleeves that hung off my shoulders and the skirt was a red a black plaid pattern that ended below my knees. I paired it with some black heels that had a strap around my ankle to hold them in place. To finish the look, I tied my hair with the ribbon and conjured a thick black corset choker to hide the hickey on my neck. When I was finished, I left my room and took the elevator down to the bottom floor and left Heaven's Arena.

Once outside I sighed breathing in the fresh air and relaxed as I hummed content. It was a beautiful day outside with a clear blue sky and comfortable temperatures making me smile as I knew it would be a good day. Making my way through the people, I examined the different shops to see if there was anything I would be interested in. Soon enough however, I felt my stomach growl and placed my hand over it until it stopped. I thought for a moment as I stood in front of a store and shook my head as I continued my walk ignoring it. Humming to myself, I smiled feeling the sun's rays against my skin and eventually came across a bookstore.

"Perhaps I'll find something of interest." I said to myself and entered the store. Looking around I found it to be a nice and cozy store with books lining the walls and shelves of the store. On the right side was a small café that had a few tables and chairs in front of it. on the left side was a small reading area that seemed to be empty at the moment but I didn't mind. Heading further into the store, I wandered through the shelves of books glancing over the different genres of books until I found a section that caught my attention.

"Dark fantasy huh? Maybe I'll find something of interest." I hummed as I ran my fingertips along the spines of the books that lined the shelf. A few of them had caught my eye but as I read the summary of them I became uninterested and put them back. I was about to leave the aisle when a single book caught my attention and I pulled it out examining the cover of it before reading the summary. Humming with interest, I began leaving the aisle I was in as I traced my fingers over the cover of the book I held.

"The Eyes of the Devil? Seems interesting." I muttered and opened the book to the first page. I began reading as I walked to the small reading area the store had and suddenly found myself running into something hard causing me to fall down.

"My apologies miss." A calm and soothing voice spoke and I gently took the hand that was offered to me as whoever I ran into helped me up.

"No no I should apologize. I wasn't watching where I was going." I said and looked up to see who I had run into.

His pitch black hair hung down framing his face perfectly and looked soft to the touch in the light and his grey eyes were mesmerizing as he stared down at me. He was closer to my height than Hisoka was which made me a little happy that I didn't have to look up to see who I was talking to. He wore a clean dark suit and had bandages wrapped around his forehead making me wonder if he was injured or trying to hide something. From first glance he seemed harmless but as I examined him further, I could sense the power he radiated and I tensed a little growing cautious. As I stared into his eyes I could tell he was examining me as well and saw a glimmer of interest in his eyes that was quickly covered by a friendly warmth although I had a feeling it was fake.

"It appears you dropped your book." He said breaking eye contact as he bent down and picked up the book I was reading. After taking a moment to read the title he handed it back to me with an amused and surprised look.