Phase 3

Eve's p.o.v.

I woke up the next day to a knock on my door and light flooding in the room as it opened to reveal Killua. Sighing I sat up and formed a smile not wanting him to know I was upset.

"Good morning Eve! You might want to hurry because we are almost to the next phase!" He greeted and I stood up straightening my hair out.

"I'll be there in a minute. You go meet up with your friends and I'll meet you there okay" I suggested and he nodded as he left only stopping to take another look back at me worried before he shut the door. I sighed knowing he realized I was upset. It always was hard for me to hide when I was upset from Killua but at the same time I'm glad he noticed. It let me know that he cared for me and I could trust him.

As I straightened my hair out I heard a snap and looked at the needle Illumi had given me to see it had broken. It made me sad to see it broken since it was something special to me but at the moment I didn't care as much since my feelings for Illumi were different now. Shrugging, I took what I could salvage of the pin and tied my hair with the ribbon and pin at the bottom keeping it held together loosely. Once I had brushed myself off and was ready, I left the room and joined the others on the deck of the aircraft. Looking around I found Gon and Killua laughing together about something and I smiled loving how well they got along together.

I had yet to see Hisoka or Gittarackur but I could honestly care less after what happened the night before. If all I was to Hisoka was a toy then fine, I won't put any effort into changing that since all it would do is lead to me getting hurt again. I was mostly confused about what Gittarackur wanted with me and why he was so worried. He seemed so familiar in a way and I couldn't place why. As I stood there I heard a rattling sound coming closer to me and knew instantly who it was even before they spoke.

"It's good to see you're doing well Eve." He said placing a hand on my shoulder and I frowned as I looked at it.

"Go away." I demanded coldly and caught the attention of others as they watched the scene unfold.

"I tried to warn you Eve but you didn't listen. Don't take your anger out on me when it was your own fault you fell for his tricks." He responded calmly and I growled as I gripped my trick ribbon tightly knowing if I attacked I'd risk getting disqualified. He acted as if he knew me and it pissed me off to no end and I watched as he walked away sensing the bloodlust that was slipping from me as I ground my teeth.

I hadn't realized it but the grip I had on my trick ribbon had been tight enough to slice my hand open and let blood drip to the floor freely. As I stood there my bloodlust had been let loose more and the rest of the applicants, including Killua, had kept their distance from me. I had expected it to be like that until we got to the next phase so I was surprised when a hand was placed over my eyes as another gently took my trick ribbon from me.

"Relax little dove~ We don't want you injuring yourself too badly now do we~?" Hisoka spoke in my ear softly and quietly shushed me. Despite my want to knock his lights out, I began to slowly relax against him as my bloodlust slowly faded and he hummed amused as he let go and turned me to face him.

"What do you want Hisoka?" I spat not wanting to deal with his bullshit already.

"I never took you as the type to get riled up so easily my dear~" He teased as he took my injured hand in his and frowned.

"You must be more careful or I might take your toys away from you~"

"You're not cute you know that. I know your game." I retorted annoyed and he gave me an innocent yet teasing smile.

"I think I'm adorable!~ What makes you think different?~" He asked with a wide grin as he took a small cloth out and began wiping the blood from my hand.