Dammit!

Eve's p.o.v.

After Gon had been carried to a different room the final phase continued like normal but Killua stopped Hanzo with a question that seemed to surprise us all.

"Why did you let him win?" He asked and Hazno stopped and turned his attention to him.

"What did you say?" He asked and Killua repeated himself.

"You didn't have to kill him. With your skills you could've made him surrender somehow." He explained and Hanzo turned to face him.

"I expect when I torture someone my victim will despise me for the rest of their life. It's more effective and less stressful. When you're in pain, your eyes show a gleam of hostility towards the person responsible. Even with the most extensive training and discipline that sign is difficult to suppress. But Gon's eyes had no such gleam. Can you believe that? I had just broken his arm but I could tell just by looking into his eyes that he had already forgotten all about it. So I guess you could say the little guy won me over." He explained calmly and I could see the shocked expression on Killua's face.

With that explanation I heard Hisoka hum behind me and I glanced over my shoulder at him. He didn't seem the least bothered by anything that had happened and I turned my attention back to Killua as Hanzo walked away. Without much thought I smacked the back of Killua's head and he glared at me as he rubbed it.

"Hey what was that for?" He asked annoyed and I looked down at him as I frowned.

"You act as if you're upset Gon passed. I understand you're upset because you weren't ranked higher but maybe your overconfidence is why. You shouldn't take it out on Gon. He's your friend after all."

"I guess you're right. Sorry Eve." He said and I smiled ruffling his hair.

"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to Gon when you see him. Just make sure you pass and we'll call it even okay?" I said and he nodded with a smile. With that the final phase continued like normal with the next match being Kurapika vs Hisoka. Looking over my shoulder at Hisoka I frowned.

"Try not to kill the poor kid." I said and he chuckled.

"No promises my dear~" He teased as he walked away from me and to the center of the room with Kurapika.

Surprisingly enough, the match went on for awhile with the two exchanging attacks until Hisoka whispered something to Kurapika and I noted the look of shock on Kurapika's face. Soon after Hisoka admitted defeat and walked away calmly. Once he was back behind me I looked at him curious.

"Care to share what that was about?" I asked and he hummed as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"No I don't think I will just yet~" He said holding me close to him and I felt eyes on us making me look at Illumi to see him glaring at Hisoka. With a small smile I placed my hands on top of Hisoka's and looked up at him.

"Aww why not don't you trust me?" I asked playfully and he smiled as he hummed amused.

"Careful my curious little butterfly~ We wouldn't want you getting tangled in a spider's web would we?~" He teased and I hummed in response as I turned my attention back to the next match. Seeing it was Hanzo vs Pokkle I knew how this would end and relaxed against Hisoka bored. Sure enough Pokkle was quickly pinned by Hanzo and almost immediately surrendered to Hanzo.

The next match was against Bodoro and Hisoka and at first Hisoka simply dodged Bodoro's attacks leading me to believe he was going to wear Bodoro out. Just as I thought that Hisoka began to land multiple harsh attacks to Bodoro until he was lying on his back struggling to breathe. Once again Hisoka whispered something to Bodoro but this time it was Bodoro who surrendered giving Hisoka the win. I watched Hisoka walk back over to me with curiosity but I knew he wouldn't answer so I stayed quiet as he once again wrapped his arms around my waist.