What now?

Eve's p.o.v.

After the final phase ended we all headed to a different room and sat down as we were handed our hunter's license. To be honest I didn't care about it as I was more worried about Killua. He more than likely went back home and as much as I cared for him I wouldn't follow lest I have them think I agreed to the marriage. They were about to explain the hunter's license when the doors to the room burst open to reveal Gon with his arm and head bandaged up. He didn't seem to pleased which led me to believe he had heard what happened from someone. We all watched as he stormed over to Illumi who seemed oblivious to him until he spoke.

"Apologize to Killua." Gon demanded and Illumi looked at him calmly.

"Sorry, but what for?" He asked confused and I frowned leaning back into my seat. I was sat at the far back away from Illumi while Hisoka was in front of me.

"You don't know what you did wrong?"

"No."

"You're not qualified to be his big brother." Gon said and I closed my eyes agreeing with him. I knew in his own sick way Illumi cared for Killua but the things he did were unforgivable. I don't care if he came from a family of assassins or not.

"I didn't know I had to qualify." Illumi responded looking away and with that Gon grabbed his arm and threw him out of his seat letting him land on his feet.

"Friends don't have to either. He gets to choose." Gon stated and I watched his grip on Illumi's wrist tighten more and more until he broke Illumi's arm. Even then he refused to let go.

"Don't even bother apologizing. Just take me to see Killua."

"And what will you do?"

"It's obvious. I'll bring him back."

"From the sound of it you must think I kidnapped my little brother. But he walked out of here of his own free will."

"He left but not of his own free will. You guys were manipulating him. That's the same thing as kidnapping." Gon said and before it could go any farther, Netero spoke up letting him know Kurapika and Leorio both had complaints about the match.

After that I tuned everything out knowing without proof of Killua being hypnotized, they wouldn't consider a different outcome. Soon we got off topic with Pokkle pressing Kurapika to tell him what Hisoka had whispered to him. Although I was curious about that myself, I didn't press it since it wasn't my business and instead I began to grow bored and annoyed with the situation as everyone began to argue. Sighing, I was about to say something until Gon beat me to it.

"THIS IS COMPLETELY POINTLESS!" He shouted shutting everyone up and I opened my eyes to watch what would happen.

"Why argue about whether somebody should've passed? If you're not satisfied that you made it you can keep working until you are. If Killua wants to retake the hunter exam then I know he'll pass. He didn't this time and it is what it is. But still, if you've been forcing Killua to murder people against his will this whole time I will never forgive you." He said gripping Illumi's arm tighter causing more damage and I smiled a little.

"Never forgive me? So what will you do?"

"I won't do anything. But after I go rescue Killua I'll never let you see him again." Gon threatened and I watched as Illumi reached for him pleased when Gon quickly jumped away.

With that Netero gained everyone's attention and explained that the results are final before letting Bean explain the hunter's license and the benefits. Looking at it I hardly payed attention as I thought about everything I had been through during the exam. It wasn't as fun as I had hoped but I still got some entertainment out of it. Now my only concern was what I was going to do next. Before I knew it Bean had finished explaining and we all left the building and began going our separate ways. I was stopped outside by Illumi grabbing my wrist and I looked up at him annoyed.

"What do you want Illumi?" I asked lacing venom in my tone making it obvious I didn't want to speak to him.

"I wanted to congratulate you on passing the hunters exam and getting your license. What will you do now that you have it? I assume you got it for a job like I did." He asked tilting his head and despite the blank look he held, I could see the curiosity in his eyes as well as the need for information.

"What I do next is none of your concern. I didn't want to pass the final phase like that. Had I known you were to face against Killua I would've gladly offered to face against you instead." I answered looking away from him as I pulled my wrist from his hold.

"You wouldn't have beaten me had that been the case. As I said, you and I both know I am the stronger of the two of us."

"I don't care. You're a coward if you don't try to win at least once." I said crossing my arms and he frowned.

"It seems the lesson I taught Killua didn't stick with you. I'll be sure to fix that once we are wed."

"I'm not going to let that happen Illumi. You and I both know that we were trained differently so I don't need your lessons."

"Ah yes. The Rose family's method does have it's flaws but I'm sure the two of us can fix that in the future." He said and I growled annoyed.

"Stop acting as if I'm going to agree to everything you say! I mean it Illumi, you have a long way to go before I even think about coming back home with you let alone the marriage. I know you're just following orders and it makes me sick! When you start making decisions for yourself and actually want to be wed then come find me. Until then stay away from me!" I spat and stormed past him and Hisoka who was leaning against one of the pillars silently.

Hisoka's p.o.v.

I watched as my darling Eve and Illumi argued with each other once more and smiled to myself knowing I'd have fun stealing her away from Illumi while playing with her as well. As she stormed away I glanced over at Illumi to see him watching her with a saddened look.

"I never said I didn't want to marry her." He said quietly and I hummed amused.

"Ah yes well she doesn't see it that way~" I said grinning at him and he turned his attention to me once she was out of sight.

"Tell me. Why do you insist on toying with her when I've told you to stay away?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Well you know me. Once I make someone my toy I don't care much about what others say~ She is quite amusing and powerful so I think I'll keep her around for awhile longer~" I answered calmly and he frowned letting me know he wasn't happy with that answer.

"I mean it Hisoka. You do anything that could prevent my plans from happening and I will kill you." He threatened and I smiled.

"Fine fine I won't go too far~" I lied and watched as he walked away.

Chuckling, I looked in the direction my little rose went and began following her curious to what her plans were now. From what I can recall, she was simply taking the exam for entertainment purposes so I doubt she knew what she was going to do now that it was over. As much as I adored her straightforwardness she didn't always think things through and I planned to use that to my advantage.

Eve's p.o.v.

Huffing in frustration, I left the examination site and looked around trying to determine my next course of action. I hadn't expected the exam to be over with so soon so I hadn't planned ahead. Thinking about it, I needed money since I was broke after I left my family so I needed to go somewhere that I could make it.

"I don't want to go back home but at the same time I need to go somewhere to make money. I'll stay clear of Yorknew City for now since I have no interest in the location just yet. Oh where should I go?" I questioned aloud and tapped my foot in thought. Sighing I decided to go back to the Republic of Padokea but stay far enough away from the Zoldyck's estate so I wouldn't be bothered by them.

"I suppose I could go to Heaven's Arena and perform on the streets in my spare time to get some money. It could be fun and this way I won't have to deal with Hisoka or Illumi anymore." I said to myself and began my journey to Heaven's arena using my hunter's license to use transportation free of charge.

What I didn't know was that my plans were about to get a lot more complicated.