Dinner

"Dude I'm telling you, it won't button." Nick struggles with his uniform, sitting on his bed.

Clay is leaned over him, one knee on the bed as he uses all his force to button Nick's top button. "Your neck is so wide what the hell?!"

Dinner call is in 10 minutes. And it's a 5 minute walk to the dining hall.

15 minute walk if it's your first day.

The bathroom door swings open, and Tommy walks into their dorm like it's his own.

At least his uniform is properly on this time.

"Grey tie or navy tie? It's never too late to impress the women."

No response.

Tommy looks up from the ties and sees the Americans struggling. He screams a horrifying screech.

"Oh my fuck, you guys are going to be late. QUACKITY!"

Alex slides into the room. "I said don't call me tha- oh shit." He sees Nick and Clay. "You guys are going to be late." Alex snickers.

"No we're not. Shut up." Nick says, focusing.

"Yeah, I'm all dressed I just need to close Nick's fucking top button." Clay says, not looking up.

"Your shirts untucked, your blazer isn't buttoned, and you forgot to put your vest on."

"Boo fucking hoo." Clay rolls his eyes.

Tommy looks down at his watch. "Damn, I really can't afford to be tardy boys. I'm practically on probation already! They're gonna call mum!"

Alex throws Clay's abandoned vest in Clay's face. "We gotta go. Change on the way."

"Thanks but no thanks." Clay throws the vest to the side. "We'll leave when we're ready to leave. See you at dinner."

***

"Here at Westwood Grove Academy, we strive for greatness. We strive for success. And that is why our Alma Mater will take its place amongst the best." The Dean smiles proudly behind the podium, finishing his weekly speech.

The hall doors open loudly. Causing everyone to face the entrance. About 20 large wooden circle dining tables fill the room. And behind the podium is where the staff is seated; one long rectangle table.

Nick and Clay stand awkwardly at the back of the room.

At least their uniforms- nevermind their uniforms are all wrong.

"Perfect timing." The Dean continues to smile, unphased. The Dean is a big guy. He has dark skin and a shiny bald head. "I would now like to introduce everyone to our newest additions to Westwood!"

The Dean's microphone rings.

The students continue to stare. They whisper and point and laugh. Clay clenches his jaw.

"Don't be shy boys, come up to the podium."

Clay and Nick make their way to the front of the hall, walking through the whole student body.

"Kill me now." Nick whispers.

They make their way up the two steps, meeting the Dean in the middle.