Drinks & Debacles

Vanessa's stood in the corner of the party, smiling contently with a drink in her hand.

She spots Nick coming into the room, walking over to Tommy and Scott. He shoves Tommy because he won't stop dabbing and the three of them start laughing.

Nick turns his head while laughing, and his eyes meet Vanessa's.

Vanessa takes a breath.

It's now or never.

She smiles and waves him over.

Nick says something to the boys and quickly parts his way through the crowd.

"Vanessa." He smiles, looking down at her. "You look... beautiful." He says in a low tone. "As always."

Vanessa smiles back. "You look really good too, Nick."

Nick eyes her drink. "And what are you drinking on this fine night?"

She laughs. "Shirley Temple." Lifting her drink up.

"Wow, no alcohol?" His smile grows.

"Okay, I had a couple." She rolls her eyes playfully. "I'm still responsible believe it or not."

"Oh, totally same." Nick nods. "I only had like half of a shot." He shrugs.

Vanessa laughs at his sarcasm, and he joins in.

He looks her up and down, still cheesin. He folds his arms. "So how about you make me one of those Shelly drinks." He sets down his current drink.

"A Shirley Temple?" Vanessa raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah that's what I said." He furrows his eyebrows.

"Have you never had one before?"

"... Is it like popular or something?"

Vanessa laughs and grabs his hand, leading him over to the island.

***

George smiles on the couch as he watches his friends continue to act like fools. They begged for him to join, but you wouldn't catch George dancing sober if he was dead.

"So, why are you all dressed up tonight?" Peter asks George, who's on the couch next to him.

George's smile disappears as he looks over at Peter. As much as he would like to not be nice to Peter, he's not going to let him ruin his night. "Um- your sister actually. She 'dressed me up'."

Peter smiles. "Nice. She did a good job you know."

"Yeah, she did." George plainly agrees, looking back to the boys.

Karl and Wilbur dance stupidly with Alex, until a girl taps on his shoulder.

Alex turns around confused and she starts talking to him, twirling her hair and smiling.

"I actually have yet to see Clay." Peter pipes up again. "I must keep missing him."

George hums in agreement.