Dinner

Y/N'S POV

At the start of dinner it was all tense and I was slightly scared but I improved my posture and took a slight step back so Gally was in front of me as I trusted and felt safe around him, which was odd due to him being 'mean and nasty, not nice and doesn't have friends' or at least that's how chuck put it earlier today.

After getting a hard word from Gally all the boys looked away and got back to their conversations while Gally took me to get some dinner.

If I'm being honest I quite liked all the gladers I had met so far...besides Alby, I still didn't like him.

Though some of the boys were a little flirty and made me feel slightly uncomfortable I would just touch gally on the leg under the table, so no one would see but I could still get Gally's attention, he would look up at me while i gave him a silent message saying that someone was crossing the line and he would just send a hard glare their way so they would stop.

Gally's POV

This couldn't be better; Y/N sitting right beside me as we mingle with the other builders on our table, but most of all, she's next to me, with me.

At first the boys wouldn't stop staring which caused her to slightly hide behind me while keeping a confident face, though I could see right through her mask. She was scared, terrified in fact. Slightly yelling at the shuckfaced boys for staring just cause she's a girl they all got back to their conversations.

Throughout dinner Y/N would tap me on the leg while making eye contact with me silently signalling that she was uncomfortable but after sending a few glares left and right though the boys backed off and just talked to her normally with no flirting involved.

I loved the feeling of being needed by her, knowing that she trusted me and felt safe around me, it made me tingly all over.

Once dinner was finished she went off to talk to Newt,'I wish that was me, why did she have to leave me?' I thought sourly.
Cooper started talking to me but I wasn't paying attention as I was constantly looking just behind his shoulder where Y/N and Newt stood still talking.

"You like her, don't you?" Cooper asked, well more like stated, bringing me out of my daze.

"Do you think she likes newt?" I ask back effectively, avoiding the question.

"First off she might or might not depending on if she even likes guys." he pauses while my head whips down to meet his eyes. " Hadn't thought of that, had ya?" he chuckles while seeing my face contort into different emotions. "Either way it's a safe bet that Newt likes her though, I mean 3 years and he still hasn't hooked up with any of us. Now all of a sudden a girl comes up in the box, puts a knife to his throat, a couple hours later he's all buddy buddy with her? No, he definitely likes her."

I cross my arms over my broad chest while in thought of it all.

My face scrunches in further confusion as I see Newt hand her a box while walking off. 'I wonder what's in that box, knowing Newt it's probably some sappy love note or a direction to meet him somewhere later.' I think to myself sourly.