I'll name it later

Sitting next to my hammock another wave of emotions hit my body as I continued to write down the day’s events in the diary I found in the small box Newt gave me.

Anger.
Fear.
Confusion.
Guilt. 
And the last emotion hitting me the hardest, disgust.

But the disgust wasn’t even at Zart, at least not most of it. All the disgust was at myself. Disgust that I put myself in that situation. Disgust that I didn’t defend myself better. Disgust that gave in. Disgust at what I did to Zart. Disgust that I...liked the feeling while hurting him.

I just have to remember that it wasn’t me. That it was the-the thing. I can’t even describe it, it was like a red haze came over me. All the things that had ever happened to me in the past, even before the maze, just overloaded my mind and took control of my body. 

I was somehow able to tap into snippets of my forgotten memories, but only memories that were attached to hateful emotions like anger and rage. 

I still can’t believe that I did that to Zart, sure he did the wrong thing but I shouldn’t have hurt him. 

It was scary, I couldn’t control myself. My thoughts or actions, they just sort of...happened? Every time I went to stop another piece of memory would come through and anger me all over again-

“Hey Y/N” Gally called, making me jump and scribble the last word, slamming my book shut and hiding it behind my back. 

‘Act natural Y/N’ 

“Oh, ugh.. He-hey what’s up Gally?” I responded while giving an awkward half wave with one hand, mentally smacking myself at how much more suspicious he must be now.

He just looked at me weirdly, which was honestly so adorable. His eyebrows screwed together while his nose scrunched up, showing the cute freckles that cover his face.

“I was just going to get you for dinner cause you didn’t show up but now I’m curious, what were you doing?” He tries to use his height to peer over my frame and see what I’m hiding.

“Riding a unicorn, what else?” I quip back with my usual humor.

“Haha, very funny.” He says seriously. “What were you actually doing?”

Just as I opened my mouth a question came to mind. ‘Why did he care?’ so asked him that instead. “Gally, why do you care?”

“I just wanna know what’s going on with my girl and what kept her from dinner.” He says reaching a hand out and helping me up.

Looking up I raise an eyebrow putting a smirk on my face. “Your girl?”

“Well I just figured since you didn’t mind last time...”He trailed off suddenly getting shy, placing a hand on the back of his neck, going pink.

“I just didn’t expect you to say it again, that's all.”  I paused while taking his hands in mine. “Like I said before, I wouldn't mind being yours and maybe talking about the possibility of us being more but we haven’t known each other for that long and I have to talk to Chuck first. I wanna make sure he’s comfortable. I hope you understand”

“Yeah I get it. Your brother comes first.”

“He kinda has to, ya know?” 

He wraps me in a bear hug before sighing into my hair, “Yeah, I know.”

We stay like that for a few seconds, my arms around his waist, head leaning into his chest while his arms are around my shoulders holding me tight.