The Circle

Y/N'S POV

The bonfire started a little while ago and so far I've gathered that they all have this drink called 'Gally's secret recipe' which is just alcohol but it looks like pee. Then there is a circle of dust that all the boys stand around while Gally takes them on one by one easily dismissing their attempts to get him outside of the circle and anyone who isn't there is just sitting around the fire talking to each other.

Walking over to the circle I see Ben come up to me with the special drink in hand.

"Hey, how are you enjoying the glade so far?" He asks in an attempt of starting a conversation with me.

"It's good once you get over the fact that you have no memory and are stuck in a big box with boys that have scary monsters that come out at night." I say looking at his awestruck face as he starts to stutter. "Yeah I know about the monsters, overheard some of the guys talking about a dead dude named Justin yet no one would tell me the name of the monster." I deadpan while answering his unspoken question.

"We call them grievers, they're horrible things. If you get stuck in the ma-walls, outside the walls at night and they find you you're dead. Do you hear the screeches at night?"

"Yeah, it made it really hard to sleep with them echoing. Do the grievers make that noise?"

"Yep, each and every night. It's like they're taunting us since we haven't gotten out yet." He says looking down at the ground.

I take my hand placing it just below his chin lifting his eyes to meet mine."Hey it's ok, we'll get out of here I-" And just like that I cop a body to my hip sending me to the floor ending my deep discussion with Ben.

Moving the body off me I stand up with fire in my eyes when I see that Gally was the one who threw him into me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to-" He starts to apologize.

"Apology not accepted." I say staring him dead in the eyes.

"But I didn't mean-"

"Fight me." I declare. Moving into the circle. "If you fight me and win, then and only then will I accept your apology."

"No, no I won't fight you. I might hurt you, I won't fight girls." he says, shaking his head almost out of the circle.

"Why? Are you scared I'll beat you? Because let's be honest, we all know I would win." I taunt.

He slowly turns around seeing the determination in my eyes. "Looks like you got yourself a fight." He answers with a slight smirk.

He gets into a fighting position "Well come on, if you're gonna fight me, fight me."

I look at him while raising an eyebrow and take in all the things wrong with his position yet it probably looks like I'm checking him out, then I gaze back at my nails as if they're more interesting than him. "No, come to me."

And he does, he comes closer trying to punch me in my side yet I place my arm up on an angle effectively dismissing his punch and almost making him get himself. While he's shocked I use my other hand and go to strike him in the head and he snaps out of his daze and blocks it with both hands.

I use my right hand to punch him in his torso while bringing my left leg up hooking it behind his knee with enough pressure that he falls to the ground on his back.

By this time I'm pretty sure all the boys have come to watch and it's getting hard to block out all their cheers and shouts.

All of a sudden I feel immense pain in the side of my head, while letting out a yelp I quickly place a hand over the sore spot.

Turning back at Gally I see a glimmer of regret shine through his deep green eyes quickly before it's gone. I take this as an opportunity to make my injury seem worse than it is. I head towards the edge of the circle while calling out. "You win."

I hear footsteps behind me then a hand is placed on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry, It wasn't meant to hurt you that-" He starts apologizing but gets cut off by an elbow to the face then a kick to the stomach and a push on his back so he is effectively on the ground.

I quickly straddle his waist while placing my forearm against his throat slowly cutting off his oxygen. "I said you won, not that the round was over." I whisper in his ear.

"I think it's better when I'm on top." He chokes out placing me in a confused daze, he takes this opportunity to flip us over placing one hand on each of my wrists spreading them either side of me. "Perfect." He says while looking into my eyes. It's as if I'm captivated. I can't stop looking at him. I glance down to his lips then back to his eyes and I see he's done the same thing. He slightly leans his head down so our lips are just millimeters away from one another..."I win." He whispers and for a moment I'm confused until I tune into all the loud boys around us chanting Gally's name.

Pulling away I look to my right and see he placed my fingertips just outside the circle. "Shuck."