♔ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 ♔

I have questions, A lot of questions that I, unfortunately, have no answers to.

Now that my suspicions are confirmed, I am dying to find out about everything but for the last week or so I've barely seen William and it's killing me. Don't get me wrong it's not William whom I wanna see. It's Eros. That gentle sweet...guy? Wolf? The one who treats me like a person. Was it Eros all those times William was nice to me? Was it Eros who apologized every single time William fucked up?

I need to find him.

I almost stumbled down the stairs as I hurriedly entered the library. Queen Alice sat there so caught up in a book that she didn't even notice I entered the room.

"Hey, Alice?"
Her eyes almost immediately met mine as a gentle smile embraced her face.

"Hey, darling."
She greeted and I returned the smile.

"Do you have any idea where William might be?"
I asked and she tilted her head in curiosity but said nothing about it.

"Probably by the lake."
Damn me! How did that miss me?

"Uh okay, thanks!"
I waved at her before heading out to the woods, Last time I was here I got attacked by that wolf but Eros was there to save my ass. One of the many many questions I have is 'Why is Eros that engrossed with me?' From all of the books I've read and the very few shows I've watched, I've learned that werewolves have mates. Could it be that? Is it possible that I am his mate?

The lake came in view and I sighed in relief as I saw the big wolf sitting in front of me but my anxiety crept up, I know nothing about werewolves. What if he loses control of his wolf? But then again Eros is in charge of the wolf.

The wolf sniffed the air and almost immediately ran to me startling me, I tensed up and scrunched my eyes shut as my body made contact with the ground. Mentally preparing myself to be the wolf's meal.

All of my stress melted away as a wet tongue traveled up my cheek making me scrunch my face with disgust. I opened my eyes only to see the huge wolf panting with excitement as he hovered over me.

"Eros?"
I asked and got a head nod making me smile but it quickly disappeared as he licked my face again.

"Okay no stop that."
The wolf whined as I sat up wiping my wet cheek with my sleeve.

He sat on his back legs with his head downwards as he stared at the ground whining sadly.

"Oh come on don't be like that."
I reached my hand forward running my fingers through his fur and my mouth dropped at how soft it is.

Eros snuggled his head against my palm as I scratched behind his ears. He whimpered as his tail wagged making me laugh at his sweetness.

"You're so cute when you are like this. It's almost like I'm petting a puppy."
His ears dropped at that and I quickly shook my head.

"No no no I don't mean it like that! You're a dangerous wolf. Big and scary. But you're just cute now"
His ears perked back up and I smiled.

"Can I ask you questions?"
I asked and Eros nodded.

"Okay so uh yes and no questions because you can't really speak right now...Are the whole royal family werewolves?"
I asked and he nodded before digging his claw into the sand.

'Not Raya'

"Raya is not a werewolf?"
I asked and the wolf shook his head.

'Hybrid'

"She is a hybrid? Like a werewolf and a vampire?"
I asked and he nodded.

"So vampires exist too?"
I earned another nod.

"Am I...Am I your..mate..?"
My voice dropped at the end and the wolf froze. I anxiously looked up at him and he stared at me. Within a blink, he shifted back and was running out of the forest..naked. I would have laughed if I wasn't so anxious.

Well, Great job Ellis.

•••
WILLIAM DEXWELL

'Stop running turn back!'
Eros's voice boomed in my head as I ran out of the woods.

No. No. No.

'William I'm not letting you take my mate away from me!'

I can't turn back. He knows.

'William, please. Please turn back.'
He cried making my heart clench.

I'm sorry.

'Listen, He is meant to be with us. He is our person. The moon goddess won't do us dirty when it comes to our mate William! Just because she was a fucked up person doesn't mean everyone is.'

I panted for air as I pulled back up trousers from the cabin before running back out.

'Stop. Please stop!'

I blocked him out as I leaned back against the tree. I feel horrible for shutting him out but I need time.

Ellis.

My mate.

All werewolves have mates. A person that shares their soul with them. The person the moon goddess gifted to them. They are often a blessing but in very few situations can be a curse. Only when the mate rejects the other.

My mate is standing right in front of me every day. Sleeping in the same bed as me. Eating at the same table with me. In front of my eyes all the damn time. Yet I have no balls to connect the bond.

Weston.

My other half.

His mate ruined everything. He didn't deserve to die like that. He didn't deserve any of it. But the moon goddess cursed him. She took him away from me. She made him hate me. He died hating me.

The only person that understood me. My best friend.

That was unfair.

I hate it. I hate that he will never know the truth. I hate the moon goddess for what she cursed us with. What's stopping Ellis from being as horrible as Melissa? Nothing.

I wouldn't know until I risk it. I risk it all. I can't take another heartbreak. I can't.

If Wes was here he would tell me what to do. He would slap me on the head and scold me for being a jerk. But he isn't here. He is gone. Forever.

I want my best friend back.

A hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts as I stared up at the big brown eyes staring anxiously down at me.

"Listen, William, I am sorry. I uh I didn't know it was a sensitive subject for you please don't be mad at me."
He apologized quietly scratching the back of his head.

Maybe Ellis isn't Melissa here. Maybe I am the one being like her.