♔ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 ♔

Oh. my. god.

It is amazing, No, It's spectacular.

I don't know what I was expecting but the scenery in front of me knocked everything out of my brain.

A cabin stood before me with its gorgeous color of dark oak wood and almost out of my sightline a farmhouse took place, Green freshly trimmed grass under my feet. The scent of flowers hit my nostrils. A big lake came in view. This looks just like a dream. No one is in sight tho, No guards, No servants, No one.

"He already got to them?"
William asked standing before me referring to the lack of people.

"Yeah, I guess he was serious."
I said, Walking to the cabin.

"Don't you think it will be hard to take care of the animals? I mean, We would have to go grocery shopping but I doubt there are any grocery shops less than 2 hours away."
I asked watching William pull the keys out.

"We can sell them, It will probably give us good money."
He spoke unlocking the door.

"We will have to work. He probably cut off all of our money resources already."
The door opened revealing cozy furniture, A big brown sofa came in view, and in front of it sat a coffee table. A big TV hung up on the wall.

"Well, at least he didn't take away the furniture."
William sarcastically said.

The cabin is small, As soon as you open the door, You are greeted with a small living room and four different doors. One is the bathroom, One is the kitchen, One is our room and finally a laundry room.

I walked around the spotless clean cabinet, There is only one room, one bed. Me and William slept in the same bed for the past year but only because we were forced to. Now, No one is here. No one can see us. Are the same old habits going to carry on?

"Eli?"
William's hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my daze, I had stood staring at the bed for the past 5 minutes.

"Do you not like it?"
He asked and I rapidly shook my head.

"No, It's very nice!"
I spoke quickly.

"Then, What's wrong?"
Asked William, I scratched my head glancing at him.

"William, There is only one bed."
He blinked thrice.

"And, We have been sharing a bed for a year?"
He said looking clueless.

"Yes, but, we only slept in the bed together because we couldn't afford to get caught by servants and stuff."

"Do you not want to share a bed anymore?"
He asked.

"No! I mean yes! I mean, I don't know. Wouldn't it be weird?"

"If it makes you uncomfortable, I will sleep on the floor."
He offered and I can see the sincerity in his eyes.

"No, William, I just don't want to force you into this."
I spoke quietly and he snorted.

"Ellis, Are you dumb? I literally brought you here, Knowing there is only one bed, Knowing we will be living together, and you really think you're forcing me?"
He said like it's the most obvious thing.

"So you don't mind?"
I asked and he took my shoulders in his hands.

"If I minded, I would have left you there and came here alone. To live alone and be alone, but I had you. The one who doesn't judge me for what I do. The one who doesn't treat me like I am glass. The one who is always there when I need him, also, the one who makes me laugh. You give me life, Ellis. Hell, You might as well just be my life right now, and don't misunderstand me Ellis I am not taking you for granted or using you because you make me feel alive.

We are in this together, just you and me. I'll be there for you just as much as you are here for me. I can't promise it will be easy to start this life but we will get there."
He stopped talking and he opened his mouth to add something that I know is a weight that needs to get off both of our chests. Yes, Come on, Say it.

"Ellis I need to tell you something, I-"
Someone knocked on the door thrice.

I want to scream and I want to kill whoever just knocked on the door, He was about to say it.

"Yes?"
William answered the door,

"Hi! My name is Paul, I used to work here and I heard about what happened, Well the whole kingdom did. I was ordered to leave this place and go work at the castle instead or just lose my job but I declined the offer. This is the home I lived here and guarded it with my life, I want to still guard it."
A ginger man stood on our doorstep and I appeared in the doorframe next to William.

"You see-"

"I know that you don't have the money to pay me, I am offering to do it for free. As I said, This is my home and I will rip anyone who tries to touch it to shreds."
Paul spoke again.

"But-"

"Trust me, your highness, You are two princes living in a cabin alone in the middle of nowhere you are targeted by so many people. You two are in great danger, You have no idea how many people will be up here for you. All I want from you in return is food and shelter."
Paul spoke yet again, He is right.

"William, He is right. I know that you are more than able to protect the both of us but we can be caught off guard so let's not risk it."
I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked at me in thought for a second.

"He is just a mere human-"

"Sorry to interrupt you, your highness. but, I am a fae, I consume a lot of helpful magic."
He said.

"Do you think that I am stupid? You really want me to trust a fae?"
William snapped at him and I sighed.

"How do we know that your intentions are pure?"
I asked.

"I will stay out of your sight, I will only guard the gates, Until you feel like I am trusty enough, You can allow me to move inside of the lands. I know that my kind does not have the best reputation there is, but please don't misjudge me for them."

William's shoes tapped quickly over and over against the wooden tiles.

"Fine, But I swear to fucking god as soon as I feel like something this small is off, I will not hesitate to kill you."
William's eyes were hard and cold. Those eyes that can be so gentle and soft are long gone, You can see how much he meant his words.

"Yes, your highness."

"And stop calling me that!"

"Yes, your- I mean, sir."

"Good, now go and also try to find someone to buy those animals in the darn."
He said without a trace of emotion in his voice, Sometimes I forget how there is a difference between this William and my William.

"Yes, sir."
Paul spun on his heels and left.

"I don't trust that fae."
William said as soon as the door closed.

"Then keep an eye on him."
I suggested,

'Ellis I need to tell you something, I-'
I remembered.

"William, What were you going to say before the door knocked?"
I asked, praying for an actual answer.

"No, It's nothing. Don't worry about it."
Yeah, Of course, it's nothing.