♔ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑂𝑛𝑒 ♔

Birds chirped and the breeze of cool wind brushed my naked skin, I groaned using my hand as a shield from the sun.

Heavy, something very heavy is on top of me. Panic washed over me and I quickly opened my eyes.

It's just William.
It's just William? Oh my fucking god.

Flashbacks of last night raced through my head, I pushed his hair out away from his eyes. Even though it wasn't that much but my finger felt like I just touched heaven.

I ran my fingers through his tangled hair, he hummed leaning into my touch.

I chuckled sweeping his hair back.

"Good morning."
He groaned in response burying his face in my chest. I pulled his face back cupping it.

"Your lips are bruised."
I ran my thumb against his bottom lip and he winced.

"You should not touch a bruise, Eli."
He grumbled.

"This never has happened with the people I made out with."
Yeah, shouldn't have said that.

"You made out with people?"
He asked quickly.

"Didn't you make out with Alexa?"

"Fair point."

"Yeah, but whoever I made out with is not in my arms right now and is definitely not my mate, Right?"
His lips tilted upwards. He buried his head back in my chest and I sighed kissing his head.

"Are you hungry?"
I asked him and he shook his head but his stomach growled rather than screamed otherwise.

"Hmm, That's a pretty strong yes."
He groaned against my chest.

"Do you not want to get up?"
I asked and got a quick nod in response.

He hummed in confusion, I looked at him but his eyes were rather stuck on a place that I know far too well.

His eyes traced the scars on my wrist and the rather huge one on my shoulder.

I am certain that he saw them before but now he is seeing them in a whole different way.

I watched his face waiting for a reaction of disgust or judgment but got nothing in return. His eyes connected with mine and you could see how many emotions are held back behind the prettiest set of eyes.

"Was he the one that did these to you?"
He asked quietly, hesitating for not knowing if this is a subject I am open to and usually, I am not—but this is William. The one with whom I chose to combine my world with.

"Well, I did these to myself."
I ran my finger over my almost faded scars. He pursed his lips and looked up at me.

"What about this one?"
He pointed to the one on my shoulder.

"Yeah..this one is his.."
He looked at me hesitantly once again. I felt my heart and soul ache. Are these his emotions or mine?

"I know they aren't pretty and I am sorry that you get to have a mate who is scarred in this way...I wish I could make it go away"
He gently took my wrist in his hand and ran his fingers across them.

"These aren't anything you should be ashamed of, I love you. Every part of you, Including your scars. They don't change anything Eli. I know that you don't like them but I think that they show how strong you are."
His lips tilted upwards slightly and I watched his head dip down to my wrist, I felt his lips gently press against them.

"These aren't ugly."
He kissed them again.

"Neither is this one."
He said kissing the one on my shoulder. I felt the familiar sting in the back of my throat. My eyes warmed up and so did my heart.

"You are beautiful, Ellis."
He smiled warmly at me cupping my face.

"I don't think anything will ever change that."
Just like that, the waterworks started. A chain of unstoppable tears ran down my cheeks.

"Do you really mean that?"
I asked sniffling.

"Of course I do."
He placed a long caring kiss that screams all the words he wants to say and all the emotions that he is feeling.

He brushed his thumb against my cheek.

"I love you."
I whispered resting my forehead against his.

The prettiest smile I've ever seen appeared on his face,

"I love you too."

A loud knock on the door startled both of us.

"I will kill whoever the fuck that is."
He grumbled under his breath and I chuckled. Yeah, here goes William.

Another loud knock boomed again. He cursed under his breath and got out of bed walking to the door. I picked a shirt off the floor and threw it at him.

"Put something on!"
He turned around and smirked.

"Why? Jealous this body might charm someone else?"
I frowned at him and he laughed.

"Here. Here. I am putting it on."
He said while sliding it on him, covering that body should be a crime.

He walked out of the room and a couple of seconds later I could hear the door unlocking and opening.

"Hello sir, I sold all of the supplies and animals that were in the barn."
Paul spoke.

"Is this all of it?"
William asked.

"Yes sir, We sold 50 cows and 120 chickens which is a total of 256 thousand dollars."
Paul answered.

The door got shut and William came in the room with a bag full of cash. He placed it on the floor, crossed his arms, and looked at me.

"Okay, we have multiple options now that we have somewhere to start."
He started.

"What are we good at?"
He asked and I scratched the back of my head.

"Uh."

"Hold on, I can cook and bake. You are creative and smart. Maybe we can open a bakery or a restaurant."
He said and I raised an eyebrow.

"That actually doesn't sound bad. Do we have enough money for that?"
I asked and he shrugged.

"Maybe? Let's go eat breakfast then we can figure it out."
William leaned down and picked up the bag, He pulled the carpet up and picked up a tile. A safe came in sight and I watched him tap the bin in and put the bag inside.

My mouth was parted as I watched him return everything to place.

"Weston had a feeling something like this would happen."
William got up and dusted his pants.

"Ready to go?"
He asked holding his hand out and I laughed.

"Yeah, let's go."