♔ 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 ♔

"What do you want to eat?"
William asked tying the apron around his waist and I shrugged not bothering to even think about his question. He looks so sad.
I jumped off the counter and walked towards him. I took the butter out of his hand and placed it on the counter. His frown deepened.

"Can you come sit with me for a moment?"
I asked and he shook his hand taking the butter back in his hand.

"You need to eat."
His voice cracked.

"Come on Will."
I took it out of his hand once again and sat him on a stool. He sighed searching the room with his eyes.

"You know, Weston and I used to come here every year for summer. He is the one that did all of this. Father isn't wrong when you think about it, It was always Weston who achieved and it was always Weston who succeeded. They used to not introduce me to royalties when I was a kid, I was the freak with the weird eyes who can't read, The one with the weird stutter and anger problems whilst Weston was the perfect son. Father he- he was ashamed of me because I am autistic, Ellis.

I'm a werewolf, a beta nonetheless. I am supposed to be big and strong, but I am not. I get overwhelmed and scared. I am bad at talking with people but even I was that fucked up mom and Weston never treated me oddly. They loved me and cared for me. Ellis, I tried to ignore it all but when he said what he said. It hurt. I don't want to bring shame to them."
He fiddled with his fingers, His voice cracked multiple times and then he finally looked up at me.

"Do you think I am a freak, Ellis?"
He asked me, The brim of his eyes shining with tears.

"Oh god no."
I cupped his face in my hands,

"You're amazing William. I don't care what he thinks of you, His opinions are inconvenient. I've seen you draw William and it is amazing. It is your thing."
I said looking into the eyes that could make me melt into a puddle any time of the year.

"But I can't even see what I draw all that well."
A tear rolled down his cheek.

"That's what makes it special Will, You are making art. Art that speaks of you. It's unrivaled."
I stroked his cheek with my thumb.

"But Ellis-"

"No, no buts. You are spectacular William Dexwell. I don't even know how to put it into words, you..you have the most charming smile I've ever witnessed, The way your whole face lights up when you are talking about something you love, the way your eyes sparkle..god your eyes! I never thought a pair of eyes could be this pretty. William- I look at you and I see everything I've ever dreamed of. The way you could tell the funniest jokes with a straight face but laugh your heart out at a stupid joke that you made. I never thought someone existing could have me this in awe but with you William, I don't know anymore."
I emptied my heart to him. I don't care what the consequences might be. He needs to hear this.

"I love you."
He whispered, My heart fell and my eyes widened. He..? Did I hear him correctly?

"I- Ellis- I- I love you so much."
His voice cracked. I couldn't move a muscle from the state of shock I was in.

"Can I tell you something?"
He asked, What once was a tear now was a chain of unstoppable ones.

I nodded.

"I- I don't know where to start, This is hard for me to talk about so I am sorry in advance. As you know we werewolves have mates, Weston found his two years before he...passed away. He bumped into her in the village, Her name is Melissa. I...I never liked her, She treated him like shit, She wanted nothing to do with him. I told Weston that, but he loved her. He couldn't have cared less about what I thought of her. One day, She walked up to him in front of everyone in the castle and said "I Melissa Rodrigo, reject you Weston Dexwell.". Just like that, The bond was shattered and so was his heart.