2. Washington DC

Hours later...

After leaving the settlement, the 2 Division agents, Travis & Simon are walking up a hill and the sun shines down on the 2 agents. As they walk, Travis grabs a separate bottle that contains coffee. They make it to the top of the hill, and over the horizon, they can see Washington DC.

 They make it to the top of the hill, and over the horizon, they can see Washington DC

(Pretend it's the 2 agents)
(Btw, it's also unclear how the agents got to DC. It's unknown if they used a car or they literally walked all the way to the city)

Travis: "Holy shit...you seeing this?"

Simon: "DC's seen better days. We can't stay up here, come on let's go."

Travis nods and he and Simon rush down the hill past the graves and toward the city. They move past broken down cars on the bridge and they keep their eyes peeled for any hostile forces that lurk in the city. The 2 agents walk through the chaotic scene of a devastated Washington DC, they even looted some bags to search for any useful equipment. The 2 agents arrive at the Haupt Fountains. Which is at The Ellipse, an open area in President's Park.

Travis: "Ok, we're here in DC. Now what?"

Simon: "Not sure, man. I guess we wait? I don't know."

Then, ISAC starts acting up and speaks.

ISAC: "Incoming alert on S.H.D. emergency channel. FLASH priority."

Travis: "Oh?"

Then, a man's voice is heard, sounding serious.

???: "The Base of Operations is under attack. Hostile forces have breached our Southern perimeter. We are in need of immediate assistance. Repeat. Need immediate assistance from any nearby agents."

Simon: "Base of Operations?"

They then hear gunfire coming from the White House, which is just across the park. The 2 men then grab their guns and cock them.

Travis: "The White House. Let's go!"

The 2 of them run down the park and they enter an area in the park which is covered with Christmas decorations. They were abandoned ever since the dollar flu spread to Washington DC. The 2 men hear chatting and they get to cover when they see 2 men equipped in bulletproof vests & gasmasks, kicking a corpse.

 The 2 men hear chatting and they get to cover when they see 2 men equipped in bulletproof vests & gasmasks, kicking a corpse