6. Training

After getting their SHD tech, the agents and gems are now heading downstairs to the firing range to test their skills. There, they see some JTF officers practicing their skills and one of them turns around to see the agents.

JTF Officer: "Huh? Oh, agent. Welcome to the firing range."

Travis: "Thanks, officer. Is it ok if we have a go?"

JTF Officer: "Oh, please go ahead."

Travis: "Thanks. Appreciate it. Alright, ladies, you'll see how we use our tactics in here."

He goes first and the JTF officer watches him aim his M4 and there, 5 targets are laid out in front of him. And a JTF staff next to him begins a stopwatch.

JTF Personnel: "Ready? GO!"

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

All 5 targets are hit in under 4.5 seconds. The gems look in amazement and they have stars in their eyes. Then, it's Simon's turn, he grabs his Honey Badger and aims at the target in the middle and he puts his finger on the trigger.

JTF Personnel: "Alright...GO!"

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

The targets are all shot down in under 5.9 seconds. Simon scoffs and he moves aside so Nicholas can have a turn. He aims down his M4 assault rifle and he then waits for the JTF personnel's command.

JTF Personnel: "Alright, ready...GO!"

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

The targets are all shot down in under 3.2 seconds. Travis and Simon look in shock along with the gems.

Opalite: "Whoa, he's fast!"

Emerald: "Yeah. Wow!"

Travis: "Damn, you show off!"

Then, it's Motherland's turn and he grabs his P90 which is called 'Emeline's Guard' and he places his finger on the trigger and the JTF personnel signals him.

JTF Personell: "Ready...GO!"

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

The targets are all hit but Motherland shot all over the range, leaving bullet holes all over the walls behind the targets. He shot them down in 8.2 seconds.

Travis: "Ah...sorry man but uuhhh...you should drink less, it's making you rusty."

Motherland: "Well...looks like I should. But I can't stop."

Travis: "You'll get over it someday. Anyway, I think we should let the gems try. Ladies?"

Hübnerite: "Hm, I'll step up. Let me try with my spear."

She summons her spear from her gemstone and she takes her time aiming at the target to make sure it strikes the right area. She chucks it and the spear strikes the target in the chest, perfectly.

Hübnerite: "Hm, is that good?"

Travis: "It is. Anyway, would you like to try a gun?"

Hübnerite: "Huh? Oh, of course, Travis. So how do you operate it?"

Travis: "I'll let you try my pistol first."

He grabs out his 1911 pistol and cocks it before handing it over to Hübnerite and she holds it upside down and Travis helps place it in her hand properly. Travis then helps her aim down the iron sight and she places her finger on the trigger.

Travis: "Ok, that's good. Alright now pull the trigger."

*BANG*

The target is hit in the head and Hübnerite is slightly startled from the gun's recoil. She looks at the pistol and smiles.

Hübnerite: "Huh, I'm starting to like these human weapons. However, I must get used to the recoil of it...interesting."

To be continued...

(Sorry if this one is short. Next chap, another mission begins)