the lantern rite festival (2)

thankfully, the door to the rooftop was unlocked, so you didn't have to pick the lock. don't ask how or why you know how to pick locks.

and another thing to be thankful for was the fact that there were many unlit lanterns scattered around the rooftop, so you could go through your plan of lighting lanterns with xiao. despite this being your plan at the beginning, it completely slipped your mind to get some lanterns from one of the stands- since you got busy avoiding childe.

"phew, it's quiet here... if you ignore the music coming from the festival grounds." a smile graced your face as you spoke, (e/c) irises never leaving the teal-haired boy who walked to the railing, resting his toned arms on them.

"then it's not really quiet."

you awkwardly laughed, making your way to him. "ahah, right... quiet enough for us, i guess." with a grin on your face, you leaned your figure against xiao's, placing a hand on top of his as your other hand held on the railing. you could feel his golden eyes on you, but you decided against bringing it up- you didn't really want to embarrass him, as much as you like seeing him get all flustered and red.

still, you could sense that he's tense.

"xiao, you should try to feel more comfortable with me." you looked at him, the smile never leaving your face. xiao only stared at you with furrowed eyebrows, pretty much his default expression. "i mean, you do get pretty comfortable w-"

"shut it." he interrupted you, nudging your side. a soft laugh left your lips, your eyes never leaving him. well, you made him embarrassed, despite not wanting to do that- but embarrassed xiao is a pretty thing to see.

you decided to stop looking at him, since having your eyes on him could make him feel more awkward, so you decided to look at the night sky instead, the moon illuminating the dark sky and shining against your figures.

and after a few minutes of silence, and you leaning your figure against xiao's, he interrupted the silence. "you want me to get more comfortable around you?" he spoke, his hand letting go of the railing and moving to rest on your head, running his fingers through your (h/c) locks.

you hummed in response, looking at him from your peripheral vision.

"well then, can i kiss you...?" he questioned softy, his fingers ceasing their movement in your hair. you could barely hear his voice, and you could feel how flustered he felt.

now fully facing him, you let go off the railing and grinned at him. "you don't have to ask, you know."

"so can i?"

"what did i just say, stupid..." you sighed, but the grin never left your face. "go ahead."

he gave you a little smile before he gently pushed your head towards him, his other hand moving to hold the side of your face- his touch was so delicate and gentle, it's surprising that despite that xiao looks like some emo kid, he's actually quite a gentle soul.

and with your hands placed on his shoulders, he pressed his soft lips against yours, eyes fluttering for a second before shutting. you were so close to him you could hear his soft breaths, and his heartbeat.

despite how faint you could hear it, you still felt as if both your souls were connected together- you noted that you were being kind of cheesy, but this pure bliss you felt when you're touching xiao made you feel like you're touching clouds- it made you feel like you were about to melt in a few seconds.

it's weird how the last person you'd expect to fall for, was the person who'd make you feel this way. sure, you've dated before, but no one made you feel the way xiao does.