summertime

you go on a cute little date with xiao ♡

≿━━━━━━━━༺❀༻━━━━━━━━≾

you stood outside of xiao's porch, a hand holding one of your bicycle's handlebars, waiting for your partner to leave his house. he usually takes some time to get ready, but you didn't really mind. (it's not like he's taking extra time to look good for you or anything. totally!)

hearing his front door getting unlocked, you straighted your posture and looked at the teal-haired male with a wide smile on your face, which he returned with a smaller one once he shut the door.

"xiao!" you exclaimed as he seemed to be speed-walking towards you, before he (uncharacteristically) wrapped his arms around your waist and brought you in for a hug, his head near the crook of your neck you could feel his warm breath on your skin. you grinned, placing a hand on the top of his head and running your fingers through his dark and teal locks.

you placed a hand on his hip, looking at him. you swore he tightened his hold around you. "are you okay, xiao?"

"huh?" he spoke against your neck before pulling back, his hands squeezing your sides for a second. "this is the first thing you ask and it's because i hugged you?" he scowled, dark eyebrows furrowed. you only chuckled in reply, running a hand through his hair one more time. he looked so cute- he almost resembled a little angry kitten, but you wouldn't dare tell him that.

"it's uncharacteristic of you, it's cute." you replied as your fingers left his hair and moved to intertwine with his fingers instead. a rosey tint dusted his cheeks and nose once your hand met his. "let's go now, hm?"

his features relaxed and he just nodded his head, then his eyes trailed to the bicycle you brought with you. "...why did you bring that?" he questioned, tone quiet, his eyes flickering between the bike and your connected hands. "bike rides are fun! especially during this time of day. i thought it'd be cool if we rode bikes to the harbor, but i kinda forgot you don't have one... hehe..."

"but i can't even... nevermind." xiao shook his head as he looked to the side, his voice almost a whisper as he spoke. you figured that he meant that he can't ride bikes, which probably made him feel embarrassed.

you lightly laughed and kissed the top of his head, "it's fine, just get on top of the thing and i'll guide us to the harbor." you replied, nodding your head towards the bicycle. xiao only sighed and muttered something under his breathe, your best guess was that it was a bunch of curse words.

you held on the teal-haired's waist- which was just an excuse to touch him in any way- and you helped him get on top of the seat, much to xiao's horror. although he didn't mind your hands around him, it was still embarrassing that you were helping him get on a bike seat.

letting go of his waist, your hands immediately traveled to xiao's hands that held the handlebars, placing your hands on top of his warm ones. "wh- what are you d-"

"walking us to the harbor." you replied with a cheeky grin as you began walking, pushing the bike with you. your position was a bit awkward- you had to outstretch your arms to reach over to the handlebars, one of your arms placed over xiao's arms. you could've just settled on teaching xiao how to ride bikes, but again, this was an excuse to hold xiao's hands.

cheeks still dusted in pink, xiao turned his head a bit to the side, hiding that small smile that was about to form on his face. he wouldn't admit it, but he liked what you were doing, so he thought of something- even if he did learn how to ride a bike, he'd still pretend that he doesn't when you're around him.

"so... why are we going to the harbor?" he questioned after a few seconds of comfortable silence, glancing at you from his peripheral vision. "the weather there is always nice at this time of the year. i think it'd be nice to go there with you." you responded, looking at him for a second then back at the sidewalk in front of you.