Strange things

It was only the first lesson and Karlof was already loved Dragon care. The teacher was really nice and instructed them how to care for their eggs. 

"Now students, as I said different eggs should be cleaned in different ways!" she said. 

"OW! Does the water have to be boiling hot?!" Kai spat as he accidentally poured some water over his hand. 

"Yes, Kai, the fire dragon embryo feels much better being in warm water! Oh and Bolobo, you need more pedals in the bath!" 

"Uhm... Miss..." Gravis squeaked out and looked up at his egg that was floating up close to the roof. "I think I added too much anti-graviytee in the water!" 

"That's okay Gravis! I'll take care of that! Karlof, you need to add more oil to your bath!" 

Karlof did as told and poured some extra spoons of oil into his egg bath. He started polishing his egg while he heard other students asking for help with bathing their eggs. 

"I still haven't figured out a name for you..." he sighed and looked at his egg. "What do you think? Silver? I don't even know if you're a boy or a girl!" 

Suddenly, the teacher jerked up and looked through the window. 

"What is it miss?" Turner asked carefully.

"All students! You go to your dorms and take your eggs with you! NOW!"

Karlof didn't really have a choice but to follow so he grabbed his egg and a towel so he could dry his egg later and rushed out of the classroom. 

"What do you think that was about?" Gravis asked once they were back in the dorm room.

"I don't know... Karlof answered. "But I don't like it!" 

"I'm sure it's nothing!" Skylor said. 

"Guys! Look!" someone said and pointed to the window as a black shadow flew past it. 

At that moment Karlof felt extreme pain flowing through both his hands and collapsed on the ground. In his head, he could hear a burst of maniacal laughter and a baby crying. 

"Karlof?! KARLOF SNAP OUT OF IT!" Gravis yelled. 

Karlof shakingly stood up and looked Gravis dead in the eye. 

"I-I think that was Chen..." he stuttered. "I-i had a flashback! T-to where my parents were killed!"

"You don't think it was just a shadow that triggered your trauma?" Skylor frowned. 

"N-no! I KNOW that had something to do with Chen! I KNOW IT!" 

"Let's just wait here until someone gives us further information!" another student muttered. 

An hour passed and Karlof felt that he needed to do something, he pulled out his book and scroll that Ace had given him and quickly finished writing the last things he needed to finish the whole scroll. 

They waited for another twenty minutes before Lilly went up to the dorm. 

"Everyone. come to the great hall! The principals want to speak with you!" 

They all followed her back to the great hall and Wu started talking.

"Students, I know you're all aware that something has happened now! But don't worry! We have it under control and you shouldn't worry about it! You should all return to your classes!" 

Karlof looked at his schedule and realized it was his first class in elemental fighting styles. Which meant he had to bring his gauntlets... Good thing was that due to the shadow thingy the lesson was only going to last for about thirty minutes...