Sssssssurpisssseeee

"Okay... I think we'll make it through this year with pretty good grades!" Gravis smiled and looked at his corrected exam. 

Karlof looked at his and nodded. 

Even though it had been rocky the last weeks with his uncle and the other parents patrolling and running around the academy. But so far his grades had been holding up. 

"I can't wait to move in with you!" Bolobo sighed. "I just have to wait for my dad to respond to my letter... as long as he doesn't throw it away!" 

"If he doesn't respond we can go to your house and ask him! Uncle has time!" 

"Thanks... I'm just so happy that you want me in your house! I love you!"

"I love you too Bolobo! I always will!" 

"You know..." Neuro muttered. "There's a very small chance relationship starting at our age lasting for the rest of your lives!"

"SHUT UP NEURO!" Gravis snapped. "Let the lovebirds be!"

"If you're done looking at your exams you can leave now!" Lilly coughed. 

"Sorry miss!" Karlof yelped and jolted up from his seat. 

They exited the classroom and... Turner got a little dumb idea. 

"OW! Be careful!" Turner yelped. 

"If you didn't use your powers in the stairs that you KNOW move you wouldn't be in this situation!" Bolobo groaned. 

"I thought it would be fu-OOOW!" 

"Well... it's not broken... just sprained! You should get it patched up at the medical bay! Just so you get a paper that lets you out of Mr. Smith and Miss. Walker's lessons!"

Turner snorted but got up, immediately falling back down from the pain. 

"I'll help you walk..." Neuro sighed. Letting Turner lean on his shoulder.

"You aren't going to go with him?" Karlof frowned looking at Gravis. 

"Nah! He's an idiot and could've thought more about his actions before he hurt himself!"

"He's lucky there are almost only exams left or else he'd be screwed!" Bolobo sighed.

"I agree... what should we do now?"

"Well.... we still have a few exams left before the graduation ceremony! We should probably study for them! Since you've been spending more and more time with your uncle studying how about we study together for once!" Shade shrugged. 

"Sure...." 

Even though he wasn't very close to Shade he had started getting used to the shadow master's company. 

"So... we still have an exam in care for elemental creatures, potions, ancient ruins, and non-elemental studies!" 

Karlof groaned but nodded. He just wanted everything done.

"So... we should start with the one that's closest! Potions... then we could study the other things just a little so we're warmed up to study more after the potion exam!" Bolobo summed up. 

"Yeah... we better get started!"

After studying in the library for about an hour Turner and Neuro came back to join them. 

"What took the nurses so long to wrap it?!" Gravis frowned. 

"He kept whimpering and wouldn't stay still..." Neuro muttered. 

"HEY!" Turner pouted. "She was going WAY too rough on me! It hurt!" 

"She was just doing her job!" Neuro groaned. "Your foot is supposed to be wrapped tightly or else it won't heal!"

"It's just sprained so it should be healed before graduation!" Bolobo smiled. "So you can still dance!"

"But I'll be benched while you all will have fun with Ray and Libby!" 

"Whatever!" Gravis laughed, rolling his eyes. 

As they finished up studying they got up from the table and went down to the great hall for dinner. 

"I'm so happy the lessons are different now that the shadow figure is..."

"I agree that the days are easier!" Neuro muttered. "However... it would be best if that shadow figure was out of the way BEFORE the graduation party!" 

"Yeah! What if we can't go home because of it!" Turner groaned. "Then we'll be stuck here for summer... WITH NOTHING TO DO!" 

Karlof was about to say something when the lights in the whole academy went out. 

Just when the others started panicking Karlof felt his hands burning again and fell to the ground from the pain. When he thought he was going to faint the lights returned and they saw Clouse standing at the podium with a knife held tightly close to Turner's throat. 

"STUDENTS!" he laughed. "I'M HERE! WITH A WORD FROM MY MASTER!" 

"THE SNAKE!" Gravis yelled as his pet snake slithered down the stairs and up to Clouse, turning into a human. 

"Chen!" Mongomery growled. 

"Ch-Chen's been... IN OUR HOUSE?!" Turner screamed as Clouse started pressing down the knife, opening a small cut. 

"HEY! LEAVE MY BROTHER ALONE!" 

"It's no use, Chen!" Wu said, in an attempt to stay calm. "You're surrounded!" 

 "Oh yes.... yes! But if you try something... this boy is dead!"

"DO IT GUYS!" Turner yelled. "I CAN TAKE IT!" 

"NO, YOU CAN'T!" Gravis screamed back. 

"He's right you can't!" Clouse groaned. "NOW SHUT UP! I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!" 

"So..... you're going to leave me alone?!" 

"NO!" 

Chen looked over all the students and glued his eyes on Karlof. 

"Clouse and I will leave! ... the moment you hand over the Beifong children!"

"NEVER!" Iroh snapped. "I KEPT THEM SAFE FROM YOU FOR FIFTEEN YEARS AND I'LL DO IT FOREVER EVEN IF I DIE!" 

"Oh geez, Iroh..." Chen sighed. "You're just as pathetic as your brother! He had the AUDACITY to challenge me! ME! Without any powers!" 

Karlof rushed up to his uncle and pulled him back to prevent him from lunging at Chen. 

"Please uncle! I still need you!" 

"We're waiting!" Clouse coughed. "Either you hand over the children... or this boy dies!" 

"NO YOU DON'T!"