Betrayed

Angst and a bit of fluff at the end.

TW(s): None

AU: Non-Despair

 Female-to-male Makoto

                                                                      *~~~~~~*

Makoto PoV:

                                                            You betrayed me                                                                                      And I know that you'll never feel sorry                                                                              For the way I hurt, yeah                                                                                   You talked to her when we were together                                                 Loved you at  your worst, but that didn't matter

     I was singing different songs on the beach. Listening to the gentle breeze, and the soft and soothing noise of the waves crashing. I used to come here a lot, especially with someone I loved. That person was the love of my life, the person I thought I would be with forever. But they turned out to be nothing but a betraying piece of garbage. They were like all the other people who told me 'We have a connection!'. He lied to me, after I gave him my trust. I slumped down into the folding chair I brought and thought about them. All my friends are tired of seeing me so upset over someone but they don't love them like I did.  'If my friends only knew what he was truly like...'  I thought. As the song was ending I felt a couple tears run down my face. I wiped them away in a hurry, so no one would ask me why I was crying. It was sunrise, my favorite time to come to the beach. Usually many people aren't here this early, but there was a surprising number of people here today. Actually, they are all in one area. At first I thought it was none of my business, but after thinking for a while I decided to go over to the crowd of people to see what was going on. It was a huge circle of people, and because I'm so short I could barely see who or what the people were surrounding. After a little bit of moving around and jumping up and down I found a good spot to see what was going on. And I regret seeing what was inside the circle of people.

Byakuya PoV:

It's been a month since I broke up with Makoto. I didn't want to do it, and I know that's what everyone says, but I honestly wasn't the one who wanted us to break up. My father found out we were dating and made me break up with him, while he watched from afar to make sure I did it. Makoto isn't taking this break up well, and who would? I promised I would always be there for him but I ended up lying to his face. When I told him the news he cried so hard, and the worst part was I wasn't allowed to comfort him. He just fell to the ground as I walked to my fathers car, and watched us drive off. I cried all night because of that, the image of him feeling so much despair was terrible. I have tried texting and calling him to tell him the truth but he never answers.

Today was a big day for my father. Like I said, my father made me break up with Makoto because he doesn't approve of me dating a boy, but he also had a girl for me to marry. He already bought an engagement ring, and that's why today is special for him. Today I'm betraying Makoto to propose to a girl who I don't want to be with forever. I feel even worse about today because I have to propose on the beach Makoto and I used to go to all the time. I'm also doing it at dawn, which is Makoto's favorite time to go sit on the beach and talk to me. I arrived at the beach and went to the spot my father had planned for me to pop the question. About ten mintues after I got there, the girl arrived and so did a crowd of people. I was nervous about this, even though I had zero feelings for this girl, there was so many people, and what if Makoto was here? I wouldn't know what to do... I started to say the lines I rehearsed, and I when I bent down on one knee I saw my true love, crying in the crowd of people. 

Makoto PoV:

I started to cry, more like bawl as I saw Byakuya propose to this beautiful blonde haired girl, wearing a navy dress. When he bent down on one knee I looked at his eyes, and as I did he saw me. I gasped and ran the opposite way, trying to get away as fast as I could. I went back to get my chair and continued running to my car. As I was running though I heard his wonderful voice call me. "Koto!" I looked behind me for a second to see Byakuya running, trying to catch me but I continue to run to my car. When I got there, I unlocked the doors and got in as fast as I could, and locked them back. I put my hood on, curled into a ball, and faced the passenger side. I bawled and bawled, I felt like I had no tears left to cry. After what seemed like a minuet, I heard someone banging on my window, and I decided not to see who it was. After the person knew I wasn't going to look, they went on the passenger side to knock on it. I saw who it was that time, my betrayer Byakuya Togami. I was tired of him standing there banging on my car so I just rolled the window down so he could try and lie to me about why he left. "Koto-" I glared at him, "D-Don't call me t-that nickname!" He sighed and I saw a couple tears roll down his cheeks. "Makoto, about what you just saw, it's not what you think,"  "Oh so the l-love of my life didn't j-just breakup with m-me, and I didn't see  him propose to s-someone else a month later?" Tears were streaming down my face and I was struggling to get my words out, "Can I please get in the car? I don't want anyone to see me talking to you," I thought that was honestly funny, he was embarrassed to be seen with me. "OK so you're e-embarrassed to be s-seen talking to me? OK that's f-fine," I said as I unlocked the door and he sat in the passenger seat. "No, that's not true at all!"  "Then tell me the t-truth!"  He wiped the tears off his face and looked me in the eyes. 

"Makoto, my father made me break up with you because you're a boy. He also already found me a girl to marry, which was the girl you saw me proposing to. I don't feel anything for her like I do you, love. Never would I want to break up with you."

"H-How do I know you are t-telling the truth? I gave you my trust and you threw it away. You know I have p-problems trusting people, because of other b-boys who I gave my trust to. And look w-what you did,"

"Love I'm so sorry, if my father didn't make me do that to you I wouldn't have done it." 

"I-I want to believe you, b-but..." 

He held out his hand for me to take, and I took it. This was somthing he did often so I would know I could trust him. Whenever I had bad anxiety, or I was going through something he would always give me his hand to hold and squeeze. I squeezed his hand, and after a few seconds I let go and lounged onto him to hug Kuya. I cried into his shoulder, he rubbed my back and cried too. I was leaning my stomach on the console so I moved over to sit on Byakuya's lap. He moved his arms to my waist and rocked me back and forth. After what felt like forever, I stopped hugging him to kiss him on the lips. He immediately started to kiss back, it was a soft and gentle kiss but it's all we needed right now. "I-I'm so sorry, K-Kuya," He removed one hand from my waist to play with my hair very gently. "Shhh..It's OK baby. You've been feeling a lot of emotions the past month, and I'm sorry for doing this to you," We sat there for a bit before Byakuya moved me over so I was sitting in the seat, and he moved over to drivers seat. He drove us to his mansion, and I texted my parents I was staying at a friends house for the night, not telling them the person because I told them about the breakup.

Byakuya PoV: 

When we arrived at my mansion, I went to the passengers side and picked Makoto up bridal style and carried him to my room. When we got there, I have him some of my pajamas to change into (which are a little big on him, but he was cute in them) and I changed into some myself. After we both changed, we crawled under the blankets and cuddled. I also sent a message to the girl saying everthing was off, which she was fine with.  "So we are together again, right love? Makoto gave me a small grin and nodded his head. We laid in bed for a bit, just enjoying being in each others arms again. "Goodnight Kuya," Makoto said looking up at me, and kissing me on the nose. "Goodnight love." 

                                                           *~~~~~~*

Yay! My first one shot done! Thank you for reading this, I really hope you enjoyed, and I'm sorry for not posting in a few days I've just been busy. But I hope y'all enjoy the rest of your day or night! ♡

Word count: 1,599

Word count including my little ending thank you: 1,651