The Winking Star

Fluff to slight angst

TW(s): None

AU: Non-Despair

☾*✲⋆.☾*✲⋆.

      Makoto stood on the balcony of his and Byakuya's home. He felt safe watching the stars twinkle and the sparkling moon watch over him. A gentle breeze blew around him, making Makoto slightly cold, but he didn't mind. He watched as the moonlight rested on the ocean outside their home, and the palm trees swaying in the wind. Makoto had a tiny grin on his face as he watched. He always enjoyed watching beautiful scenery's, and he just so happened to live by one of the most beautiful.

     "Love? Are you out here?" Makoto heard his husband ask from their room. Makoto had left the door slightly open, just enough for him to hear Byakuya. Makoto didn't answer, instead he remained in his dream world, full of beauty. As much as Makoto loved Byakuya, just having some alone time once in a while was helpful for his mind.

     Byakuya saw Makoto looking out to the ocean, mesmerized by the wonderful view. The taller male wrapped his arms around the smaller boy's waist, and kissed the top of his head. Byakuya pulled Makoto closer, and rocked back and forth with the swaying trees. As much as Makoto did enjoy being by his lonesome, having his wonderful husband by his side made him happier than anything else ever could. The brown haired boy let out a satisfied sigh as the men stood watching in awe.

     "Byakuya?" Makoto called as he looked up to see the face he adores the most. "Yes love?" "Thank you." Byakuya didn't understand why he would randomly say 'Thank you'. Had he done something he didn't know he had done? He was questioning why Makoto was saying this. "For what sweetheart?" Makoto stood on his tippy-toes to kiss his handsome husband on his nose. "For being you. You are the most beautiful human being I have seen. You are so talented and smart, and it's wonderful to see you so happy while doing things you honestly enjoy. I just wanted to say thank you for that. I love you to the moon and back," A tear ran down Byakuya's face, but he quickly wiped it away. "Please never leave me, OK?" The blonde was in total awe, the man he loved was standing by his side, which is all Byakuya ever wanted, someone who would love him. However, little did the boys know it wouldn't be Byakuya leaving Makoto.

     Ever since he was a child, Byakuya wanted a person who would care for him, someone who wouldn't judge him for his flaws. Byakuya longed for that, and when he met Makoto he knew he was special. Makoto had this certain flair about him that everyone around him loved. He was a ball of sunshine, loving everyone and everything.

     When the happy couple got together several years ago, they knew they would be together forever. Living peacefully together, growing old together. Byakuya thought about their first kiss, under the willow tree in Byakuya's backyard. Their first date, which Byakuya and Makoto planned together, the blonde planning the restaurant and the brunette choosing what to do after. They went to a fancy restaurant, where the two boys both got steak, and afterwards they went roller skating. Makoto fell a lot but nonetheless they had a blast. Byakuya chucked at the memory. The man continued to think about different events they had done together, but they slowly drifted away.

     Byakuya brought himself back to reality, and looked down at the grave of someone he had once loved. It's been four years since the love of his life passed away. Everyday, Byakuya's heart aches. He wishes for his love back, the only person who cared for him. "Makoto..." Byakuya whispered to himself, letting his emotions out, tears running down his cheeks where tears had already stained them. His eyes were puffy and red. He placed gorgeous wildflowers on the grave, and planted a kiss on it. "Goodbye my love. You are forever in my heart." He looked up at the sky to see a few twinkling stars shining on him, which only made him more depressed. "Hello Makoto," Byakuya said to a star, the biggest one, which was 'winking' at the blonde. Byakuya slowly walked to his car, thinking about other times Makoto and him had together, and wanting to kiss his wonderful face again. He wished he had kissed him more...But of course that can never happen again. 

☾*✲⋆.☾*✲⋆.

Oh my goodness I cried writing the last paragraph lmao. I hope y'all enjoyed, it was actually my favorite to write so far. 

I love you all, enjoy the rest of your day/night ♡

Word count: 777