The Willow Tree

Fluff! (I'm sorry for so much fluff, I might write some angst tomorrow but we'll see)

TW(s): None

AU: Non- Despair. 13 year old Byakuya and 14 year told Makoto (Same grade. Where I'm from they are in 8th grade)

Art by ramunaeee on Twitter

Oh and thank y'all for 200 views like what? Y'all are amazing, and I love you all!

*~~~~~~*

Byakuya PoV:

     I walked to a nearby park to sit under my favorite tree. It's a willow tree, the biggest one in the park. I love sitting under it to think or get away from my family. My house always gives me anxiety so I come here to relax a bit. I tried to come yesterday, but a boy I've never seen before was sitting there. As I thought about him for a while, I remember seeing him around school. I didn't know which class he was in, or his name though.

     Today was a long school day, and the work piled on my desk at home wasn't good either. I really never get a break from work, except when I'm under this tree. I was pulling up the grass and playing with it, twirling it and pulling it apart, until "Hey, are you stressed too?" I heard a boy's voice ask me. I looked in the direction of the voice and saw it was the boy from yesterday. "Uh, yeah." I replied and continued to play with the grass. The boy sat down in front of me, and took his book bag off his back. "I came here yesterday for the first time. I thought this tree was really pretty, and I play with grass when I'm stressed, which is how I figured you were," He grabbed his book bag and sat it in his lap, unzipping it and grabbing a notebook and pencil out of it. He began to sketch in the notebook, looking up at me every so often. "Say, what school do you go to?"  "Mirai Hills junior high," (Yes I know, very original) I said cooly, and the boy smiled with excitement. "No way! I go there too! I'm in class four, what about you?"  "Class eight," the boy pouted, like he was upset we aren't in class together. "Aw man, I was hoping to make a new friend who's in my class." 

After a bit of him drawing and myself tearing up grass, he spoke again as he was getting up to leave, and put away his notebook. "Oh, I never told you my name. I'm Makoto Naegi, it was nice meeting you."  "It was nice meeting you too, I'm Byakuya Togami, by the way." He waved and smiled as he walked away, still holding the pencil he was using to draw with. 'I wonder what he was drawing...?' I thought as I looked at the sky and noticed the sun going down. "I should probably leave myself before I get in trouble." I spoke and got up from the ground and dusted myself off, as some grass fell off of me. 

When I arrived home, my dad was sitting in the living room on the couch. 'Dammit, he's probably waiting for me,' I thought as I tried sneaking to my room. "Ahem.." He cleared his throat, signaling for me to go to him. I sighed and walked over to him, and held my arms behind my back so he wouldn't see my fiddling with my fingers. "Where were you? Do I not like you to be home before sunset?"  I moved one arm to push up my glasses, keeping the other still behind me. "W-Well, I was at the park talking to a friend," I claimed. I know I just met this boy but I had to tell my dad it was a friend so he would understand. "Ahh I see...How do you know this boy?"  "From school." My father looked oddly fine, he didn't seem mad that I got home late. Even though we do go to the same school, I don't want to tell him I originally met Makoto at the park. If I told him that he would probably get really mad; He only wants me to have friends from school because those kids are "wealthy" he says. "Well don't come home late again. I also saw you had completed the papers on your desk earlier, and everything looked fine."  "O-Oh, well thank you." I said, and nodded my head a bit as a sign I was going up to my room. 

It's been about a month of Makoto and I meeting under the willow tree in the park. When I first met the boy I thought he would annoy me, but I quite enjoy his company. Everyday he brings out the same notebook and pencil to draw, looking up and around a bit every so often. I still don't know what he's drawing...

I got to the tree at 3:54, after doing all my work at home. Today is Saturday but Makoto and I still meet up on the weekends. "Heeeeey!" I look to my right to see Makoto running towards me. I smiled at him, he always makes me happy. He looked very..cute today. W-Wait, no I can't say that. Damn, don't tell me I like this boy! My father would kill me! But he did look very nice today, and he had the same book bag he always has on his back, but he is also carrying  a basket. "Hello Makoto, how are you?"  "I'm doing good! My mom and I made a picnic for us! There's sandwiches, chips, fruit, and some water." Makoto sat in front of me where he always sits, and began to take the food out. "Wow, thank you Makoto. Um, tell your mom I said thank you too." I was nervous about saying thank you, most of the time when I say that people come back with a snarky comment. I think my family just doesn't want me to be nice to people...

 We ate together, and the food was really good. I mean, it was just some sandwiches but they were my favorite; Peanut butter and strawberry jelly. It was such a commoners meal, but I still enjoy them. I looked at Makoto's face, he had his tongue stuck out and his eyebrows facing down. He was adorable, and yes I am admitting that..I actually have a crush on him.   

"Hey um, Makoto?"

"Mmhm..?"

"Everyday we meet here, and everyday you draw in that notebook. So...What are drawing?"

"Oh, well I actually just finished it!"

Makoto turned his notebook to reveal his drawing. 

It was, me. It was a drawing of myself sitting in front of the tree, with a grin on my face. There was lavender around me too. The drawing is amazing! I can't believe he's this good at drawing. 

"Makoto! This is so good! How do you draw like that?" 

"W-Well, I just practiced and got better. And I just thought I would start drawing you because..." Makoto was visibly blushing, and gosh it's cute. "Because I really like you Byakuya. You make me super happy and I enjoy being around you. You are the first person to try and talk to me, without thinking I'm weird." Makoto grinned, and looked me in the eyes. I can't believe he really said that, I didn't think he would like me. I thought I was only a friend. 

"I guess today is your lucky day, Makoto because..I like you too," I gave him a smile which he returned. "B-Byakuya do you mind..?"  "Mind wha-" Before I could finish that sentence, Makoto had kissed me on the lips. It shocked me at first, but then I melted into it. It was short and sweet, but I enjoyed every second of it. "I-I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have done that," Makoto quickly put his notebook and pencil in his bag, and picked up our trash from the picnic and put it in the basket. He stood up and began to quickly walk away before I stopped him. "Wait Makoto!" He turned around to look at me and jogged over to him. I stopped in front of him, with very little space in between. I stroked his right cheek, and planted a gentle kiss on his left. "I enjoyed it." I felt my face heat up, as he grinned at me. 

We began walking out of the park together, holding hands with interlocked fingers. "Byakuya? Does this mean we're dating now?"  "I think it does,"  I grinned, and he gave me a giggle. I gave him a kiss goodbye, before saying we both said goodbye to each other. 

As I started walking home, I realized the sun was already going down. Well, it looks like I'm going to be in trouble tonight, but at least I have a adorable boyfriend to think about before I go to bed. 

*~~~~~~*

Word count: 1398

Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed this, and sorry for being gone a little bit. Also, last time I said I was going to do pregnant Makoto fics, and I will I just didn't feel like writing that today, but I'll try tomorrow. I hope y'all enjoy the rest of your day or night. Love you!! ♡