Chapter 3

My ears twitched as I zipped around to find the source. My heart pounded as I began to step backwards, trying to monitor where I thought I heard it from. I felt fur against my back, a giant body of it stopping me from going further. I looked up merely to see ruby eyes staring down at me. "O-oh hi." I stuttered, as the giant hog growled. I moved away, cowering from his wrath. "Look i'm sorry, I didn't mean to um... Run into you...." I struggled to find words, his expression not even changing as I spoke. He crept towards me, causing me to shake more thinking he was going to eat me. His claws wrapped around me, lifting me up as I let out a scream. I landed onto his back as he began to move. I stayed latched to his fur, being too scared to try and bolt.

"Where are you taking me?" I stupidly asked, knowing full well he couldn't answer. We made it to a cave to where he threw me onto the ground. He left the cave leaving me in it's cold abyss. I stood up, looking around confused. I looked over to a pile of bones, making my stomach turn. I went to run out only to see him at the entrance once more. In his mouth, he held a limp deer by the neck, blood dripping from his teeth. I backed up, curling into a corner fearing for my life. He approached me, dropping the deer in front of my feet. He backed up and laid down, watching me intensely like a cat and a ball of yarn. "I uh.... What is this for?" I pointed to the deer, trying not to show fear. He moved back up and pushed it with his snout, only to run back to his little spot again. "Do you.... Want me to..... Eat it or something?" I questioned, not able to think of anything else. His tail wagged as his head bounced, eager for me to do so. "I'm sorry, I can't eat raw meat..... It's bad for me....... I'm not like you." I tried to explain to a bloody werehog as his head tilted. He sat up, clearing thinking before running out again.

I waited in my spot, wanting to puke at the sight of the deer. He returned with a tree branch with a.... A BEEHIVE! "No no no no! Not that either!" I screamed before he could come close, as he ran back out. I tried to catch my cool as I watched him return. He dropped a branch of berries in my as he sat once more. "Uh.... These are poisonous..... Sorry...." His ears flopped as he groaned, wiping his head like an annoyed kid. "I said I was sorry!" I yelled after him as he ran out once more.

He soon returned holding some form of basket, I grew confused till he dropped it into my lap. It was a whole basket of bread, but I didn't dare ask where he got it. He sat once more, watching me intensely. Not wishing to anger him, I ate it as he made small barks. He moved over to be next to me, putting his muzzle onto my lap as I moved the basket. I guess we were friends. I gently patted his head, not sure if I was even allowed. He snorted as he leaned more into my body, acting like a giant dog. I smiled a bit, finishing up one of the little breads. I moved my hands to the deer, figuring he needed to eat as well. As much as I hated it, I ripped from his teeth marks, getting under the skin to get to the meat. I pulled parts off and held it above his snout. He sniffed before jumping up and snatching it right out of my hands. I chuckled seeing his tail go wild as he devoured the meal. I moved as he ate, looking for water to get it off my hands. Finding a tiny waterfall, I rinsed off my hands making sure every part of it was off. It didn't take long till I felt his fur against my back again. His head rested on mine, making me slightly smile.

"I'm not leaving you." I reassured, lifting my hands to pet his muzzle. He quickly picked me up, carrying me deeper into the cave. He pushed me down into a pile of cloth as his arm swung over me. Nuzzling into my neck as his paw kept me bed bound. I didn't fight, I felt no need. He would've killed me if he wanted by now, so I merely snuggled into his soft fur. He wrapped around me, his large body being just enough to not crush me. Now that I think about it, this didn't seem so bad.

-Next day-

I woke up alone, looking around for my new friend. I grabbed a bread from the basket, soon returning to the little bed while I tried to think. I cuddled into it, being surprisingly comfortable. I eventually got up after a while, looking around I explored every part of the cold cave. I began to play with my echo, becoming bored and lonely. I got to the front, realizing the sun was going down. "I must've slept through the whole day." I spoke to myself, watching the light disappear behind the trees and bushes. I sat by the side, letting it grow dark as I watched for my friend. It didn't take long till I saw the ebony rush from the trees to the cave. He skidded in front of me, coming to a halt as he sniffed all over. "I'm still here, don't worry." I spoke as I grabbed his muzzle and kissed his nose. His tail wagged as he buried his head into my chest, probably happy I didn't leave. "I won't go anywhere, at least not for long... I won't abandon you." I whispered since I was next to his fluffy ears. He huddled in more, rubbing against me like a loving cat. I gently pet his soft fur, being sure to memorize his favorite spots.

Once our cuddles were done, he ran off while I simply waited at the cave. I can't survive forever like this, so I started to think of what to do. Maybe I can find an abandoned house? I'll have to look when it's daytime again. He came running back, burying his head into my chest again for a moment before running around once more. I smiled at his puppy like behavior, my expression changing when he finally calmed and seemed serious. He was clearly tired, but not wishing to stop. I sighed as I made my way over to me. "Hey buddy, don't burn your energy so fast." I teased as I played with his snout. His ruby eyes gleamed as he stared at me intensely, making me a bit uncomfortable. He scoffed yanking his muzzle away, soon grabbing me by the back of my shirt with his teeth and carrying me to the makeshift bed. He set me down then went off, seeming a lot more different than before. I paid no mind and stayed where I was, curious what he was doing. He soon returned, that same serious attitude as before. He made his way over and laid between my legs, his head on my chest nuzzled into the fur. I gently pet him, trying to ignore how we were laying. I grew tired till I was out, gently stopping my pets to rest.

-Shadow, morning-

I awoke in that same cave, looking down to see the same hedgehog I had awoken to the day before. "I guess I made a friend." I whispered to myself, slowly getting up to not wake him. I headed out before he could awake, not wishing for him to know. He probably thinks I'm some dog he friended. He'd be frightened to learn what I was, and what could happen to him. I headed off into town, figuring I'd do something to keep him there. Surely, he was good company if he wasn't dead yet. Heading in, I didn't really pay for anything. I merely snatched it when they weren't looking, since I never carried money on me. I bought food and other items, taking them back to the cave. I peaked in, learning he was still asleep. I set the stolen pillow under his head and put a blanket over him, since it was clear he was getting far too cold in here. I set the food down in a crate, making sure it was items that wouldn't go bad too soon. I sat on the cloth, peering down to him. It didn't take long till I recognized him, Prince Silver. Why was he out here? I hoped I hadn't kidnapped him, due to the fact I know the shit I'd go through if they found out. I got out of my thoughts hearing a whimper, catching my attention once more. He shifted, close to waking up.

I quickly left before he could see me, which wasn't too difficult. I watched from afar as he got up and looked around. Poor guy, he must be lonely when I'm not in werehog form. I left, not wishing to risk it. Now that I think of it, the town said nothing about him missing. Maybe it hasn't been said by the public, which is utterly shit. I just hope nobody finds out.

-Silver-

I awoke to see a pillow and blanket, catching me off guard. There's no way he got them, he'd have to go into town for that! I looked to a crate filled with food items, which made the situation weirder. I curled in the blanket, figuring there was no harm. It was pretty cold anyways.

-September, if you know you know-

I waited as usual, trying to keep track of the days that passed. I bolted up when I heard heavy paws hitting the rock floor. I went to hug him but stopped. He looked uneasy, moving slow. I went over and gently held his muzzle, rubbing my thumbs on his cheeks. "You ok buddy? Are you hurt? Feeling ill?" I questioned, feeling bad for his state.

He merely stared at me, his eyes dead set like they've seen a perfect target. "What's wrong buddy?" I questioned, hoping he wasn't ill. He sniffed me up and down, walking around me even. "Buddy?" I asked again. He made his way around a few times before facing me again, moseying up to be face to face. He licked my cheek, making me giggle.

I guess he didn't forget who I was.