Chapter 8

It had been a month before that searcher came, never a down moment in my life. I've felt free, loved, confident, and just pure joy. I wasn't alone. But, that state didn't last forever.

No matter how much I hoped.

My arms were grasped tightly by guards alongside Shadow. They had found us, with pure trickery. They had used someone who knew me head to toe, and managed to out smart my lies. We stood before the thrones, trying not to look towards Onyx and Marbles angered faces. "Shadow Terios Hedgehog! You are under arrest for treason of kidnapping the prince! Your punishment will be drawn by horses then hanged in town square! You will have only 7 days of life! So make it count." Marble overruled, her voice booming through the room. My stomach twisted and my heart stopped, watching them drag him into the dungeon. I tried not to tear at the thought, knowing I'd have to watch. "Silver, for running from your civil duties I should be decapitating you. But, I will give leverage. You will continue your daily life, but you are not to leave the castle. We also have chosen you to marry Rosemary. I'm sure you remember, you will marry after his execution." My mother continued, utterly displeased with me. I ripped my arms from the guards, who had loosened their grip. I was escorted to my headquarters, simply letting the tears stream down my cheeks.

My loyal servant stood by the door, her head down as she watched my tears fall to the ground. Once in my room, the door was locked on me immediately. The windows were boarded, making candles my only form of light. Once they were away, I fell to the floor in tears. It was my fault, all of it. I clawed at my own face, not even caring if I cut myself. I knew by night fall they'd find out he was a werehog. I knew it well. They would speed up the execution, or even worsen it if they found out. I curled up, my voice aching at my pathetic sobs. It was my fault. All my fault. If I had just accepted to marry one of those girls, this would've never happened. We would've never met, I'd never have fallen in love with him, he'd never be punished for treason, I wouldn't be locked in here like he was in the prison, we never would've become betrothed-. "Betrothed...." I spoke out loud, stopping my movements. I quickly got up repeating the word as I searched through my books. I quickly grabbed the one I needed, flipping through the pages quickly. "Betrothed. A person for whom is engaged. Engaged! Engaged like marriage! I'm already bound!" I yelled, excitement filling my body. I knew the rules, especially in our kingdom. In Asalora, if a royal is to be engaged or married with someone, they may not divorce nor remarry under any circumstances. I banged the door, trying to get my servants attention. She opened the little peeking door, instead of the whole door. "Your highness, do you-"

"I need you to do me a major favor ok? Go to the dungeon, ask Shadow if he ever had bought an engagement ring, go to the cabin which is straight ahead. You turn right at the river with the pink willow. It'll have a giant black horse next to it, and the inside will be black and red. Get the ring and bring it to him. Come back here, make an excuse, and take me there to him. Can you do that?" I begged, watching her eyes go side to side uneasily. She nodded, closing it and running off. I eased against the door, hoping my plan would work.

-Shadow-

I leaned against the brick wall, staring up to the ceiling. I should've returned him when I met him shouldn't I. God I'm an idiot. Yeah, let's fall in love with a fucking runaway prince, why not?! God i'm such a fucking idiot! I should've been cold as always, should've left him be. But no, NO! My werehog form just HAD to like him! I hit the wall till I heard heels coming towards my cell. "Mr. Shadow. I am Silvers humble servant, I need some assistance. He told me to ask you if you ever had an engagement ring." A woman's voice spoke, it's gentle tone was soothing but I still despise it. "I got nothing to lose, so yeah I do." I answered, no longer caring. "Where is it located?" She asked, catching my attention. I paused, thinking it over. "In our room, the right side night stand drawer. Bottom one." I answered. She nodded, quickly running off leaving me confused.