Chapter 5

-Morning, Shadow-

I awoke in that cave again, my body a bit sore. I went to sit up, only to feel a body keeping me down. I looked down to see that prince again, knocked out like he was sleeping beauty. It didn't take long till I realized, biting my thumb. I didn't expect him to allow it, but I hope he won't be angered. I decided not to leave, thinking more on the situation we've both been in. I could show him to my home if he finally met who I was, and then maybe I'll have to make a lot less trips to the market. I stayed still, rubbing my eyes to try and wake up more. I listened to his quiet gentle snores, fast asleep clearly dreaming well. I ran my fingers through his quills, listening to his gentle purrs.

This wasn't so bad, especially the warmth his body produced. I began to forget the coldness of the cave, wrapping my arms around his smaller body as he remained sound asleep. Before I could doze off again, I felt him moving in my arms making me peer down. His eyes were fluttering open, slowly lifting his body to sit up. Golden eyes, such a beautiful color. It sure matched beautifully with his fur, but not his name. He finally noticed me when more awake, staring at me as if trying to recall. "Hi." I simply spoke, his quills sticking up as he jumped in unison. "Y-you look like buddy..... But your not bu-buddy." He stuttered, trying to solve what was happening. "That's what you call him? HA!" I laughed, surprised he even named the werehog. "That hog yes! I do call him buddy!" He defended, feeling insulted. "Your 'buddy' is a werehog, not just a normal one. Ever wonder why he's only active at night?" I teased, his mind clearly fluttering with thoughts. "So does that mean........ You are.... Buddy?" His gold eyes stared into my ruby ones, full of curiosity and wonder. "Name's not Buddy but yes, however I know nothing he does if you couldn't guess. Technically his name is the same as mine, Shadow." I answered, watching the gears go to work as he struggled to think.

"Nice hips." I teased, staring right down. He looked at me confused, looking to where I was before grabbing the blanket and wrapping in it. His face grew cherry red as he glared from a little hood hole. I laughed, now I know I was gonna enjoy his company. "You sure let Buddy look, can I not?" I teased again, actually enjoying his reactions. "Buddy is different! Because he can't make comments!" He barked back, only to make me laugh more. "Aw, c'mon, comments made it so much better. Don't you want to know what parts of you Buddy adores?" I smirked with every word, wanting a way to mess with him more. "That would be nothing." His answer caught me off guard, his face was stern and serious as he spoke. He wasn't joking about his words, unless he was good at masking. "And why would he not? He clearly likes you, werehog's commonly choose mates by looks, so I doubt it was how you treated him. That was probably least of his concerns this season, he must've found you very pretty." I wanted to know, I really did. For such an optimistic natured person, or so I've seen, I didn't expect him to say such words.

"I don't have enough curves, I am too thin but when I gain I am too heavy, my cheeks are too fat, my quills keep darkening, My eyes aren't flashy enough, my legs are too thin, my arms are too thin, my waist is too small, my chest is too fluffy I look like a girl in some clothes, my actually good parts are too small, I-" I cut him off by a wave of my hand, wishing to hear no more.

"There's no way you think all that on your own." I spoke after a long pause, his eyes staring down to the cloth. "But that is of no matter, needless to say those thoughts are wrong. Keep thinking like that, and people will believe you." I spoke my wisdom, getting up to dress. It was silent for some time, you'd think he died. "So your name's Shadow..... Should I call Buddy that-" "He won't be the only one your talking to." I interrupted him, watching his eyes zoom to stare at me again. "You can't fucking stay in a cave forever dumbass." I scowled, getting things into crates so it'll be easy to transport. "But Buddy-" "Buddy comes out at my hut, he'll most likely stay if he knows you're there. Which he will, werehogs recognize most people by scent and.... He's gotten plenty of yours." I teased near the end, his red face returning.

"Just stay here, I'll be getting my wagon to carry this all back and you. I presume you won't be able to walk." I chuckled, watching him glare. I headed out, walking quick to my cabin to retrieve my wagon. I latched my horse and climbed aboard, grabbing on to steer. It didn't take long to return and get everything aboard, returning the Silver once finished. "I don't need help." He hissed, clearly upset with my teasing. I watched him wobble to stand, only to quickly catch him before he could fall face first in the rock. I held him up in an embrace, keeping his head at my chest. "Sure you don't need help prince boy?" I teased yet again, getting clicks of anger only adding to my amusement.

I picked him up, immediately alarmed by how light he was. "How much do you.... Weigh?" I asked while I carried him like a bride to the wagon. "Last I checked.... Which was before I came here.... About..... In the 60's." He curled up in my arms as he spoke, trying to recall an exact number. "How old are you?" I asked, more alarmed. "14, sir." He furrowed down, aware it was bad. "The average weight of a 14 year old is about....105-125 lbs. No wonder you're so light and thin, how you're alive I wouldn't know." I lectured, actually worried which wasn't often of me. Damn, I must be feeling the same connection 'Buddy' is feeling towards him, now I'm in for some hell. He stayed silent, no longer wishing to speak while he hid his face away in the blanket. Setting him on the wagon, I climbed aboard and wrapped an arm around him. I used only one hand to steer the horse, caring more that he didn't fall off. "First order of business, I'll be feeding you then getting you some extra clothing. Especially not that princey outfit, or else people will know I have you. They'll think I kidnapped you and I'll be hanged." I scowled, but he merely curled closer to me with a light nod.

"Any clothing preference?" I decided it would be a good idea to ask, but he merely shook his head. "So you'd be willing to wear a dress?" I chuckled, but the look he gave... No doubt he would. "Dresses are nice..... They feel more free." He finally spoke, dead serious. ".... I'll get you some dresses then." that won't be too hard, probably easier. "Maybe if I crossdress you, maybe they'll think you're just a chick who looks like the prince." I chuckled, earning a giggle from him as well.

"You could pull it off." I added, his tongue sticking out at me. We continued our half one way chat till he arrived, I'll be honest I went slower just to let him talk more. Getting everything unloaded once we arrived, I let him sit on the horse to pet the mane while I did most of the work. "Next time, don't go fucking a giant werehog." I sassed while returning to get the rest. "Next time, don't be so damn rough!" He sassed right back, crossing his arms in the blanket coldly. Once done, I went over pulling him off to hold him like a bride once more. "Ask me out before carrying me like I'm your new house wife." He sassed, holding back a smile. "Considering the fact I've technically claimed your body, I think I have the right to claim your hand if I chose to." I smirked, hearing him huff. "I win again." I chuckled, holding him tight while he squirmed to try and knock me off balance. "Giving me your body before even a kiss and a ring, how scandalous." I continued to tease while I slid through the open door being sure not to hit his head.

"Claiming a wife you barely know from a cave, how outgoing." He teased right back, he did get me there. "You want a ring? I could make that happen." I mocked out, placing him onto a couch. "I doubt you could." He teased, to which I'll be taking as a challenge. "Challenge accepted." I hissed, fully willing to go through it. "Just know I'm picky, so good luck finding one I'll accept." He added, watching as I headed to the kitchen. I merely laughed, already planning what to get.

As I stated, I got food ready and handed him the tray. Telling him the usual don't open the door yada yada before I left. I headed into the market as usual, going to get what was needed. I got as many outfits as I could to bring back, even other items that would deem useful to him. I returned with the bags, dropping them into the cabin. I unpacked it all and got the clothing hanged before returning to the living room. The plate was empty while he was sound asleep hugging a couch cushion. I sighed, sitting on the couch beside him. I moved him enough so I could lay beside him, moving him once more to be on top. As much as I had to admit it, I enjoyed having others in my arms. I rubbed his back with one hand, listening to his soft purrs once more. He made the cutest noises, that's for sure.