1.5 | scheme

"I'm back," her mother sang, carrying in another tray of teas, "What age are we on now?"

Sage groaned into her hands and shook her head slightly, "No more, please."

"Sagie, we still have one more year of embarrassing stories to tell about you," grace said, with a sweet smile. One would never believe how manipulative and cunning this ball of sunshine could be when she wanted to. It took all the girls by surprise when Grace had manipulated each one of them for the first time, even if Grace only used it for the better.

"Oh good, we're up to fifteen," her mother said, "Let me start this one."

"Please don't," Sage frowned, knowing exactly what she was going to say. She could still see her parents faces in her mind whenever she thought of it. To say her pride and ego were hurt, would be the understatement of year- or season one may say.

"Please do," Theo smiled, mischievously, leaning back with his cup of tea.

"So, the weekend after Thanksgiving-"

"American Holiday," Sage interrupted at the boys baffled faces, "I was confused at first too."

"Yes, sorry boys I forget," her mother laughed shaking her head, "Where was I? Yes, the weekend after Thanksgiving, is when, sensible, Americans decorate for Christmas or Yule. Sage decided she wanted to fit in with her friends and be apart of the tradition finally."

"This is going to be hilarious, isn't it," Theo snickered. She raised her elbow to jab him in the side when his smirk suddenly faltered.

"Anyway, Sage here decided to try and decorate the house by herself."

"And decorate you mean make it look like St. Nick threw up in here," Jasmine muttered under her breath, earning a round of chuckles and a frown from the girl they talked about.

"So Sage being the ambitious girl she is, climbed up the steps to the attic and pulled all the bins down that were filled  with decorations-"

"All by myself might I add."

"Oh yeah? No help from Tippy?" Draco mused.

She scowled but her mother continued, "She did everything. Stockings on the fire place— even one for you Theo, the tree, the lights, made cookies, everything. When Zander and I came home we found her sitting on the floor-"

"Merlin help me," she groaned, with a cringe on her face.

"Accidentally drunk off spiked eggnog, with all lights and the miniature train on, all while blasting 'Run, Run Rudolph-"

"Whos Rudolph again?" Draco asked, quietly.

"Deer with glowing nose," Theo responded.

"Singing and flinging her arms around looking for Tippy, who was dressed like an actual elf from Santa's Workshop, asking 'Am I on the naughty list?'"

"Lucky she didn't blow a fuse," her father grumbled, only to be smacked upside the head by his wife.

By that point everyone was laughing, even Sage. She took a moment and looked around at everyones faces, which were flushed from laughter. It was Sage's wish come true, her brother and best friend next to her, laughing and enjoying life.

"Oh I have a good story," Grace exclaimed, "So, a few weeks into the new year, Sage decided she wanted to go shopping with the money she got from Christmas."

"Was this the time when," Willow interrupted wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh God, it is isn't it?" Jasmine chuckled, trying to hide her amusement.