3.12 | the love

It was a last-minute decision to do it. Really, the boys had no intention of doing it and she definitely had no idea what was about to happen. Maybe they should have warned her, so then maybe they wouldn't be in this situation.

***

Draco had woken up that morning to Theo staring at a wall with a blank look in his eyes. One who didn't know the boy as well would have thought he was in deep thought—which wasn't exactly untrue. This look though, was a look of heartbreak. This was the look of a twin who couldn't be with his other half.

Draco put a hand on his friend's shoulder as he walked out the door, going to search for his cousin and former professor. Theo made no reaction to show Draco he felt his hand. A chill ran down the blonde's back.

He found the two men he was looking for in the library. Sirius wasn't reading (not a surprise to Draco) but Remus has a defense book in his hands. It seemed he missed teaching more than he let on.

As Draco closed the door, Sirius looked up but Remus continued to read. "How can we help you, cousin?"

Draco looked at both of them, hoping he could trust them, "I need you two to cover for Theo and me."

He knew he could trust them when Remus put his immediately put his book down and Sirius sat up straighter. Draco could have cried with relief at that moment; he could help his friend and his family would help him. 

"Draco, why don't you come sit and explain," Lupin-No Remus said, Lupin was the man he didn't know, the man who was just another person in this house, Remus was the man he trusted. 

Draco let out a shuttering breath as he sat down, a hand running down his face. "We haven't done anything wrong, we just need a cover for not being here." 

Sirius raised his eyebrow mischievously, "And pray tell, why won't you be here?"

Draco shot him a glare that reminded him way too much of his brother, Regulus, making that eyebrow drop. "Theo needs his sister." 

"Draco are you sure-" 

"No offense, Lupin," (yes he would call him Remus in his head and Lupin out loud, that would work), "But Theodore is sitting upstairs staring at a wall with a look blanker than what Weasel's essays would have been without Granger's help." 

Remus nodded for him to continue, realizing this wasn't a want but a need situation. 

"And Salazar knows how long he's been like that, but it looks like he hasn't slept at all yet. I rarely ever see that look on his face but each time it is because his sister isn't here. I don't care what you have to do to make sure our absence isn't missed but I'm taking him to America the minute I can get him to snap out of that state, with or without your help."

Draco wasn't playing around. He never played around with his brother. Theo and Sage always came first, and they always would. He needed them, and they needed him. 

Surprisingly, it was Sirius who agreed first (or maybe it wasn't so surprising). "What do you need?" 

Draco let out a sigh of relief when Remus nodded, "An alibi. I've got the rest." Draco watched confusion run through their eyes, "Tippy!" 

An elf popped into the room, startling the two men, "Young master Draco, how can Tippy be of help?" 

"Good Godrick, Draco, give a man a warning," Sirius shuttered, looking at the elf, "Thought Kreacher dropped in for some tea and biscuits with a side of cursing the disgraced blood traitor."

Tippy shot him a look for interrupting Draco,  whom she didn't like very much but would not allow anyone else to disrespect, "Tippy believes this Kreacher is very smart. Grown man interrupting people as if he is child should be cursed."