1.7 | let them wonder

Jasmine Wright was a tall girl of 5'7. She had gorgeous tan skin and warm brown hair from her mother and stunning blue eyes from her father.

She was smart, like incredibly smart, only a few spots from the top of the class. She studied hard and worked even harder.

Like her house favored, Jasmine also loved healing. It was all she ever wanted to be. From the young age of six, when she got her very own Chiron Children's Medical Kit, she knew she was destined to be a healer and a great one. She read every book out there on magical and non-magical healing. Everything from broken bones to dark curses to bonds—including twin bonds.

As she sat there, watching one of her best friends claw at her chest, she suddenly didn't find the position of a healer so enjoyable. She knew what was going on and the unopened letter that appeared attached to Jia's claws only confirmed it.

From her extensive reading, of the few books that were published on the subject, Jasmine knew serious pain was being brought into her twin's soul.

Jasmine could only imagine what was going on; casting a dark curse, receiving a dark curse, getting the mark. Any number of things could be causing this much pain.

As time went on and the pain continued to worsen she knew exactly what was happening.

Stepping into healer mode, she levitated her friend into the bed and secured her arms and legs down with sticking charms. She turned to Willow, "I need calming charms on her now."

Willow nodded her head and got to work murmuring the enchantments while stroking Sage's hair. Jasmine spun on her heels in search of Leah.

Leah's eyes were wide and filled with terror, and Jasmine noticed the shaking of her hands. "Leah," she said, with a commanding tone. This brought Leah out of her state, "Get yourself together and start numbing enchantments."

Leah looked at Sage one more time before springing into action. Jasmine turned to Grace, who had tears rolling down her face. With a soft, but stern voice she asked, " Grace? Can you go get me a blood replenishing potion and a dreamless sleep from my dorm?"

Grace looked at her, with a blank look in her eyes before nodding her head and running out of the room and across campus to get to the little cottage.

As the other two continued to soothe the girl with ancient healing charms, Jasmine ran a diagnostic. She wove her wand around intricately over the body of her best friend and watched for red.

Jerking back, Jasmine shuddered and almost released a sob, "Oh my Merlin."

"What," Leah asked, panicking, "Is she alright?"

"She's alive," Willow whispered, sharing a knowing look with Jasmine.

Grace decided to then return with the   potions, "I grabbed what you asked, and picked a few things you may need."

Jasmine nodded in thanks and looked up at the other two girls, "I need you two to continue while I force these into her mouth."

They nodded and Jasmine pried open her friend's jaw and dumped a blood replenishing and a dreamless sleep potion down her throat.

"Okay you two can stop now," she sighed, falling back into a chair. Her own hands trembling.

In Jasmine's head, her mind was spinning and swirling causing her to feel nauseous. She shook her head to slow it down and started to list what she knew:

Sage has a twin, named Theodore

They share a rare twin bond, called a compos vinculum or the shared bond

They lived thousands of miles apart, and probably don't know about said twin bond

Somehow they have both acknowledged or completed the twin bond recently

The bond has started getting stronger and they can feel each other's pain now; Theodore was attacked tonight & Sage felt it

Theodore was hit with the cruciatus curse and Sage felt the whole thing

Grace broke out of her panic when she started freaking out herself, "What was that? What hap- happened to my b-best friend? Jasmine! What's wrong with my Sagie?"

Grace rarely ever talked out of a soft-spoken tone, or rarely had any sort of facial expression other than a smile on her face. To see the witch in complete distress made everyone realize how serious this situation was.

"She'll be okay-"

"Physically," Willow interrupted Jasmine, with a slight edge to her voice.

"Yeah, physically," she said, softly.

"What the hell does that mean," Leah demanded.

"We should- we should wait until Sage wakes up. I have a feeling she doesn't even know what's happening to her and I don't feel right telling her story without her being awake," Jasmine sighed, running a hand down her face.

"I guess we should just wait out that sleeping drought then," Leah said, leaning back to get comfortable against the side of the bed she was currently leaning on.

"No, I gave her enough to last all night," Jasmine sighed, "We should go to bed," she stood up and looked at all the empty beds, and then Grace who gave the silent okay for them to stay, "We can stay here tonight and keep her company, I'm going to take a shower."

With that she walked out of the room, leaving one sleeping brunette and three confused and scared witches by her side.