3.2 | welcome to the shit show

The two boys, under disillusionment charms, walked up to building in the muggle neighborhood and watched as a secret entrance opened up.

They stalked up the steps and to the door, Theodore being the one to knock. The black door swung open and Moody had his wand pointed at the two.

"Security question: Who are you fighting for?" he barked at them them.

"My sister."

"Notts sister and my mother."

Moody lowered his wand but Theodore raised his, "What dumb question did you ask us?"

Moody raised an eyebrow, impressed, and said, "Did you tell your master this?"

The young Nott boy nodded and lowered his wand as the two were welcomed inside. Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and the Weasley twins all sat in the front sitting room, laughing about Merlin knows what.

From the kitchen they could hear Molly Weasley yelling at Kreacher over which type of vegetable goes best with pork.

Professor Mcgonagall was conversing with Kingsley Shackleboot and a shorter women named Amelia Bones.

Remus catches sight of the boys first and stands to greet them. Moody notices and announces, "Lads, you know Remus Lupin. Lupin you know the Lads."

"Did Moody just make a joke?" one of the twins whispered, Theodore couldn't tell you who was who, even if his life depended on it.

The other one smacked him upside the head, but silently laughed.

"Professor," Theodore greeted, Draco nodding his head in Hello.

"Remus, or Lupin, boys I'm no longer your professor," he smiled warmly, "It's good to see you two."

"And you, Profes- Lupin," Draco said, surprising everyone around them.

A beat of silence occurs before Remus smiles and motions them to follow, "Draco, Theodore-"

"Theo, if you please, there's only two people who call me by my full name" he interrupts, "and both of them do it to annoy me."

Remus smiles again, "Theo, then. This is Sirius Black, Fred," he says pointing to each respectfully, "and George Weasley."

The boys nodded in greeting and sat down when Remus motioned to do so.

"So you're the new spies," one of the twins said, Fred, Theo thinks, maybe George- no definitely Fred. Freds tactless attitude had made it around Hogwarts almost as much as some of the girls in their year.

"Yep," Theo drawls out the world. The twins look back and forth at each other, contemplating if they should spit out what they were thinking. The twin on the left seemed to come to the conclusion first.

"Is that a Slytherin thing?" George asks.

"What?" Draco laughs, lightly.

"The whole not say a lot and drawing out your word thing," Fred jokes, his eyes crinkling from smiling.

Sirius barks out a laugh and cuts in, "For sure is. Whole family used to do it, drove me bloody mad."

Theo and Draco laugh along, nodding their heads.

"I heard your sister is still alive," Sirius mentions, making Draco crinkle his nose in distaste. The lack of subtlety would have to become something they needed to get used to. Theo was surprised Sirius acted this way, considering the house he grew up in. 

Maybe that was why he acted the way he did. 

Theo looked towards his old professor, "Is that a Gryffindor thing? Do you all act so blunt?" At Remus's nod and small chuckle, he continues, "Yeah she is. She's living a better life now."