3.1 | My decision

The two boys sat there at the rickety old table, on rickety old chairs in the rickety old unused safe house. It once belonged to the McKinnon family, whom was murdered during the first war.

There were four senior Order members there with them, to make sure they didn't try anything. There was the man with one eye and one leg, whom they were well acquainted with, or so they thought, Alastor Moody. Then there was a lady they were both familiar with, Professor Mcgonagall. Then there was Kingsley Shackleboot and Arthur Weasley, both ministry workers before they went into hiding.

Moody seemed to hate everyone and everything, especially the boys. Professor Mcgonagall seemed weary, but still too trusting. Shackleboot seemed indifferent, not too trusting and not too weary. Arthur Weasley just seemed to be happy these boys were alive.

"Well common lads, we don't got all day," Moody grumbled, his metal eye twitching back and forth.

"We want to help the order," Theodore said, his face showing no trace of emotion. He had mastered this skill many years before. His skills in occlumency were regularly tested by some of the best occulmencers in the world, and they never found anything he didn't want them to. So, these low skilled people infant of him had no chance.

"You mean spies," Arthur said, "Like Severus- I mean Professor Snape was."

The boys bit back smiles at the correction of his name, as they both had been calling him by his first name for almost seventeen years now. It was easy to forget this man wasn't a good man in others eyes as they'd once watched him fawn over Theo's sister every time she took a curse for one of them.

"Well we don't plan on murdering Order members," Draco drawled, as Theodore coughed, "Or attempting to do it again."

"Did you run that by your master?" Moody sneered, giving both boys dirty looks.

"Oh yes! We walked up to no-nose and said, 'Hello, Mr. V, we would like to become spies for the Order so they can win! Do you mind not murdering us and our families until we do that, though?' C'mon Moody if your half as smart as your impersonator you know damn well we didn't," Theodore snarked, throwing his hands in the air.

Draco choked back a laugh, and elbowed his friend. "We didn't tell him, of course, we're Slytherins and we value our lives a little more than that."

"Why," Mcgonagall blurted out, "why are you doing this?"

Draco shot a look a his friend, silently begging him to talk about it. The order may have been weary of Theo but they absolutely despised Draco, and for good reason. Theo sighed and ran a hand through his messy curls.

"Did you know I have a sister?" he asked, they all shook their heads no, but Moody grumbled 'had', making Theodore and Draco shake their heads, "Well I do. She is alive, and healthy and semi-happy, and most of all she's counting on me to make it safe for her to come home."

"You're sister disappeared almost seven years ago," Moody grumbled.

"She didn't disappear," Theodore growled, "She went into hiding. She, along with her personal house elf, left late in the night and went to a safe place to get away from Nott Sr. She spent ten years protecting me from that man we call a father, and it was finally time for me to protect her."

"You're telling us, that the female Nott Twin is alive?" Shackleboot finally spoke.

Theo blinked, astounded at their inability to listen. Draco nodded.

"She is, and she is the most amazing person you'll ever have the pleasure to meet," he added, smiling slightly. Mcgonagall caught it and felt a small fire start near her heart, her chest filled with warmth.

"And your reason?" Arthur asked the blonde boy.

"Like Nott here, I want her to come home too. I miss my best friend," he sighed, and paused, "but I also want my mother to make it out of this war alive and free. Theo's sister needs the only mother figure she's ever."

"Your mother?"

"Yes my mother," he drawled, "She is her godmother."

"I remember that," Arthur smiled, "made big news in the Prophet!"

"Two peas in a pod," Draco agreed, Theodore nodding his head along with them.

"If," Shackleboot says, "If we allow you to join youll need to answer a multitude of questions."

"And go through a round of legilimency," Moody added, narrowing his eyes.

"Fine," they both agreed at once.

"We'll then let's start on that," Arthur cheered, smiling wide.

⋆⋆⋆

"Do you promise to aid The Order of the Phoenix to the best to your abilities, stay loyal to The Order of the Phoenix and it's members, and not leak any information to outside sources?"

"I do"
⋆⋆⋆

Memories of his sister flashed through his mind at an unbelievably fast rate. Playing in the court yard at Nott manor, sleepovers in his bed after her nightmares, having tea parties, and sneaking into the kitchen to grab snacks. All of which brought tears to his eyes.

The one that finally broke him was the day of his mother's most recent death anniversary. The two of them sitting near her makeshift grave while Sage screamed at the world, bearing her pain to only him and nature around them. Tears rushed down her face in the memory, just like they rushed down his in real life.

Shackleboot pulled out and offered him a handkerchief. He nodded his thanks and wiped his face, controlling his breathing and putting his shields back up. No way was he going to be vulnerable if he didn't have to.

"She seems amazing," the older man whispered, thinking back in the girl he watched serve, protect, and love. She would have been either a great edition in this war or their downfall.

"She really fucking is," he agreed.

⋆⋆⋆

Memories of Nott Court flew through Dracos mind. Memories of Sage standing down the other end of her fathers wand, protecting her two biggest protectors.

Having tea with his mother, he watched the girl soak in all the attention, glowing bright like the star he was named after.

Memories of visiting her recently were what got to him. His heart broke when he watched the tears well in his eyes as him and Theodore walked away on her birthday.

"You must really care for her," Shackleboot said, pulling out of his memories. Draco held back a scoff.

"Yeah," he sighed, "something like that."

⋆⋆⋆

Arthur handed the boys a piece of paper, "Read this, never say it out loud to anyone."

The boys looked down at it

12 grimmauld place

Dracos eyes furrowed, "The Black ancestral house?"

"Forgot that was your family," Moody grumbled.

"Him and half of Wizarding Britain," Theodore snickered, making Moody's eyes twinkle.

"Yes it's the Black Ancestral home," Mcgonagall said, glaring at Theodore and Moody, "Sirius Black lives there."

"Wait you mean Black is apart of the Order?" Theodore asked, wide eyed.

"Yes, Sirius, somehow, is one of our best Order members," Mcgonagall sighed.

"And hes innocent of all charges, boys," Arthur added.

The boys looked at each other and nodded. Theodore grinned, "So when should we crash this shit show?"

⋆⋆⋆

A.N.
so... surprise?