Cooking (FullTimeMeals)

"I can do this. Just dig in?" Louis muttered to himself, placing the peeler on the top of the cucumber.

Harry smiled fondly as Louis struggled with the peeler before finally sliding it down. He held in his chuckle when all that came off was a thin piece of the green part of the cucumber. Harry grinned widely and put his thumbs up when Louis glanced at him, pouting because he didn't get it right.

Louis mumbled about his distaste of cucumbers before peeling again, grinning widely when he finally got it and exclaimed, "There we go!" 

Harry smiled proudly when Louis looked up to see his reaction, his smile widening when Louis preened at  his approval. 

"Obviously you want to have a bit more in there. But as you saw from my execution, that was not really the best." Louis said, while placing three cucumber peels in a bowl and sprinkling some salt on it. 

Harry couldn't keep the fond smile off his face as Louis stood in front of him, looking all soft and cuddly and talking in his ridiculous accent that he couldn't help but love.

After salting the cucumbers and buttering the bread, they cut the cameras for a little break. Louis immediately rounded the island and came to sat in Harry's lap, the biggest pout on his lips.

He crossed his arms in front of his chest and mumbled, "I saw you holding in your laugh, you jerk."

Harry wrapped his arms around Louis' waist and said, "Baby, I wasn't." When Louis narrowed his eyes at him, Harry said, "Okay, fine, but I wasn't laughing at you baby. I was just chuckling because you looked so cute."

Harry tightened his arms around Louis and kissed the pout off his lips. Louis finally uncrossed his arms and wrapped them around Harry's shoulders, burying his face into Harry's neck.

"I'm so bad at this, Haz, help me!" Louis whined against his neck, squeezing his arms around Harry's shoulders.

"You're not bub, you are doing so well. Of course my little baby isn't going to get it right on his first try.  It's not your fault baby, I have been feeding you since you were eighteen. You can't become a master chef on your first try." Harry consoled him, swaying them gently.

"Okay, let's start. Louis, its time!" The directed said, waving his hands for the team to get back into position.

"Go baby, I'm going to be right here the whole time, okay?" Harry said, pecking Louis' lips.

Louis kissed him once more before jumping up from his lap and saying, "Okay, love you."

"Love you too baby."

Louis got the tomatoes out to cut and Harry instantly knew it was going to go wrong. 

Louis cut the tomato in half just fine, but when he started to finally slice them, the tomatoes just kept squishing and he was not able to cut a really thin slice. "How do you slice these?" He said, putting the thick slice of tomato out of the camera's frame.

"This is ending up a proper car crash." Louis said, "I'm already ruining it."

Harry shook his head when Louis looked at him and tried to convey 'its okay' as well as he could through his eyes. He felt it worked just a bit, when Louis' shoulder untensed and the grimace left his face.

"Oh dear, right, there's my tomatoes." Louis mumbled with a timid smile.

"Ugh, do I have to make coleslaw too?" Louis asked the whole room.

"I can make it for you baby, if you want." Harry spoke up, as he would not be able to handle Louis slandering any more vegetables.

"But then it won't be authentic, I'll just replace it with sauce." Louis said, excitedly getting out his favorite condiments for a sandwich, ketchup and mayo. "This way it will remain the Tommo way."

Harry giggled at his words and rolled his eyes. He knew all about the Tommo way and how many disasters it has caused, the time they got caught trespassing a museum came to his mind.

The camera kept rolling as Louis started assembling the sandwich claiming, "I'm all about flavor, presentation for me is secondary." 

Harry almost snorted but managed to keep the noise in, smiling fondly as Louis glanced at him in amusement. Louis knew exactly what he was doing when he said that and so did Harry. Their time in One Direction was the most memorable time and every single memory of those days was still imprinted in their brains. But that might also be due to the fact that Harry and Louis liked to watch old clips of themselves on YouTube and tease each other about how obvious it was that they were smitten for each other, are smitten for each other.

Harry helped Louis get the hot tray out of the oven when the waffle and fish fingers were cooked, making him wait until it cooled down enough to begin again. Louis has a high tendency of hurting himself, and it would be very him to accidentally burn himself on a hot oven tray.

"Hazzy, where are the spatulas?" Louis asked, looking around in the drawers. 

"Right behind you bub, in the middle drawer."

"Thank you," Louis said, beaming at him, before turning around to retrieve the utensil.

Louis started placing the fish fingers on the bread, saying, "It's starting to make a bit more sense as all comes together." 

Harry couldn't keep his eyes away from Louis' little face, wearing the cutest expression of concentration. He could see how hard Louis was trying not to poke his tongue out like he always does. He looked ethereal to Harry, with his long hair framing his face, wearing Harry's old hoodie which no longer fits him. He just can't control the love he has for his boy, wanting to pick him up and put him in his pocket, away and safe from everyone.

He looked so dainty as he picked the sandwich up with both hands, eating the smallest little bite. Harry's heart nearly burst with cuteness when Louis said 'bop it in' and bit into the sandwich again.

They quickly wrapped up the video and within thirty minutes Harry's kitchen was empty again, just him and Louis left.

"Darling, come taste please," Louis said, calling Harry over while jumping up to sit on the kitchen island. 

Harry smiled as a memory about the counter came to mind- "Harry, no, the counters can only come up to my waist, I won't be able to sit on them otherwise and watch you cook."

"Baby you know I can easily lift you up and help you. If it's that short I won't be able to cook properly honey." Harry replied, the corners of his mouth lifted up into a little smile.

Louis humphed and pouted, "Pleaase Hazzy, please."

"Fine the kitchen island can be short but the other counters will be higher."

Louis mulled over his offer before sticking his hand out to shake and said, "Deal!"

Harry rolled his eyes and pulled Louis towards him with his outstretched hand, claiming his lips in a soft kiss.

Harry accepted the half of the sandwich from Louis, biting into it apprehensively. Harry has tasted everything Louis has ever made in his life and so he was a little cautious as to if it would taste good or not. He was pleasantly surprised as the taste hit his tongue and his eyes widened on their own.

"How is it? Did you like it? Is it good?" Louis questioned, bouncing up and down on the platform.

"It's super delicious baby, best sandwich I have ever had."

Louis smiled widely at Harry's praise, his cheeks reddening and heartbeat increasing at his words.

"Yaaay!! Does this mean I'll be allowed to cook with fire alone?!" Louis asked, throwing his arms Harry shoulder.

Harry wrapped his arms around Louis' waist and situated himself in between his open legs, saying, "Absolutely not, darling."

Harry stopped Louis from whining and complaining by quickly pulling Louis into a passionate kiss, his hands moving to grip Louis' ass in his hands.

"Lets go to our room so I can eat dessert."