Stay - Part One

Harry sat frustrated at his desk, empty coffee cups and heaps of documents cluttered all over his table. He groaned loudly and in a sudden fit of anger, picked up a few bundles and threw them to the ground.

Louis poked his head into the room at all the noice and seeing his husband distressed he rushed into the room, avoiding the papers on the ground and went straight into Harry's arms.

"What happened, darling?" Louis asked softly, nosing along the side of Harry's neck.

Harry breathed deeply and pulled Louis closer to him, burying his nose into Louis' fluffy hair. "It's okay, love, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You've been spending so much time in your office these days and the security outside has increased too."

"You're right, I'm sorry honey. I'll try to spend more time with you and our little angels."

Louis frowned and caresses Harry's hair, saying, "Hey, you don't need to apologise. I just wish you told me what was going on so I could help you any way I can."

Harry smiled and pecked Louis' hair. He said, "I can't tell you everything right now baby, it'll only make you scared. Just - be careful okay. Take atleast ten men with you whenever you go out."

Louis' grip on Harry tightened and his voice shook as he whispered,"We're in danger?"

"I don't know yet, baby. I don't know what to do, or what's happening. For the past few days, all our security systems were found dismantled and switched off in the morning. No note, nothing. I upgraded our security systems to the latest and the best ones,  and they are still destroyed." Harry squeezed his eyes shut and tried to prevent tears from leaking out.

Louis took deep breaths and tried to calm down his heart, and whispered, " It's okay, you'll figure it out. I know you will. Until then, we all can just sleep in the safe room, okay?"

Harry sniffled and nodded, tucking his face into Louis' neck and kissing the skin there.

Louis pulled away from the hug and took ahold of Harry's hand, gently pulling him out of the office and into the kitchen.

"Dada!!" The children cheered, strapped into their high chairs and eating their dinner.

"Babies!!" Harry imitated, hugging both the kids and pressing many kisses on their sauce covered cheeks.

Harry wiped his mouth on a napkin and shuddered, saying, "Ugh!" making the kids laugh and giggle.

Louis smiled fondly at them before saying, "Ok Daddy, sit down. You need to eat too."

Harry obediently sat down and accepted his plate with a kiss on Louis' cheek.

Louis sat beside him with his own plate and they both started eating. By the time they were done, the kids were also done. Bits of food was mushed all over their faces and hands, their bibs completely dirty and covered in sauce.

Harry and Louis removed the bibs from their children's necks, and lifted them out of their chairs.

Harry took the bib from Louis' hand and said, "I'll go get the room ready baby, you clean these two munchkins up."

"Room? What room, mumma?" Their eldest son asked, his head adorably tilted to the side.

"We're having a sleepover today baby!!" Louis cheered, making Luca cheer with him.

His daughter, Laura, frowned and asked,"S'eepovew, ma?"

"Yes baby, we'll all sleep together in a biiig bed. Would you like that, sweetheart?" Louis asked, carrying both his kids upto their room.

"Yesh, p'ease!" Laura said, wrapping her tiny arms around Louis' neck and kissing his cheek.

"Me too, mama," Luca said, before kissing his other cheek.

"Mm, thank you my babies." Louis hummed.

Louis cleaned them up as quickly as he could and with as less fussiness as he could. He dressed them up in adorable matching onesies and after changing himself, carried the kids to the safe room.

 He dressed them up in adorable matching onesies and after changing himself, carried the kids to the safe room

(Kind of like these, I couldn't find any super cute ones. Just imagine the fluffiest and most adorable onesies you can)

The safe room was located in the library, behind the last bookshelf that lined the wall. It was spacious and had a working bathroom with running water. The entire floor was covered with mattresses. Just adjacent to the bathroom was a mini kitchen with canned food items and imperishable snacks and a mini fridge filled with water bottles.

Louis quickly closed the door behind him and said, "This is a secret room babies, okay? Just for us, so don't tell anyone else about it."

"Okay, mama," Luca said, his sister being too young to understand yet.

Louis found Harry stocking some milk in the fridge for Laura and arranging pillows and blankets on the farthest side of the room for them to sleep. 

He laid the babies down while Harry came to his side and quickly placed a gun under the pillow next to him.

"The safety is on baby. You know how to use it, so don't hesitate to, okay? Keep yourself and the kids safe. I'll do everything I can but you need to be careful too." Harry whispered, caressing his hair. He peppered kisses on Louis's forehead and temple, whispering into the skin, "I love you, so much baby."

Louis hummed and leaned into Harry, whispering back, "Love you too, so so much."

Harry smiled at him and pulled him into a deep kiss. He pulled back and pecked his lips, once, twice, thrice before rounding the mattress to sleep beside the kids' other side.

He cuddled Laura to his chest, the little girl snuggling into her daddy's chest. Luca, the biggest mummy's boy, nuzzled into Louis' neck and whined until he started to pat his bum.

"Mama," he whispered, holding onto Louis tightly.

"I'm here, baby," Louis whispered and started humming the kids' favourite lullaby.

Harry reached his arm accross the kids towards Louis, caressing his waist. He smiled softly as all his babies slowly fell asleep around him, feeling like the luckiest man in the world.

I'm starting another mini series!! This one will have two or three parts only, so enjoy!!

And tell me if you like it!!